021

Shiho did not know how she even made it safely home. She regretted not dropping at the coffee shop on the other block, but she knew she could not handle another minute longer. The only thing she knew is how she weakly staggered into her apartment, while struggling to hold the papers in her hand.

Much to her dismay though, Shinichi Kudo was waiting for her on her door. He was definitely looking at her like she was a ghost. Well, a zombie would be a much accurate description to her appearance right now.

“Shiho!” he exclaimed as he hurriedly approached her, taking the papers from her hand.

Shiho didn’t have the strength to argue, so she let him as she opened her front door, and walked inside. The detective reluctantly followed. She crashed herself in her couch. She draped her arm over her eyes, and let out a sigh. Her body felt so heavy and the sofa was just so temptingly soft. She could really sleep right now.

“What are you doing here?” she grumbled, not really on the mood to chase him away.

He kneeled in front of her and sighed before he replied, “Geneva-san called. She’s worried about you,” and in a whisper he added, “and I am too.”

Shiho cursed silently. She knew it. Damn Geneva and her plans.

She narrowed her eyes, and looked at him sharply. “Your presence is giving me a headache. Go sit over there.” She grumbled as she points to the chair on the opposite side. Shinichi grunted before he reluctantly obliged.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t chase you out right now.” She hissed, trying to be terrifying, which really wasn’t much of the case because of her current state.

Shinichi hold out a chuckle as he stands up and get something from the coffee table. He showed it to her proudly, smiling innocently, “I got you coffee?” He answered amusedly.

She knew he was teasing her. If only she isn’t that sleepy, she would have retorted something back. She rolled her eyes instead. She groaned as she felt the feeling of sleepiness slowly conquering her thought. Having the detective in the same space right now isn’t doing her any good too. She found herself thinking back about that kiss on the library, and how nice he smelled when he enveloped her in his arms.

“Stop. Thinking. Weird.” She grumbled to herself, as she slumped herself deeper in the couch.

“Did you say something?” Shinichi asked as he put the coffee on the table again before he walked closer to observe her.

Shiho sat straight abruptly when she felt his presence. She glared at him, and Shinichi froze in his step. The moment he looked closely in her eyes, the amusement that was on his face earlier faded.

“Oi, Shiho, are you okay?!” he asked, a tinge of panic and worry evident on his voice. He hurried to her side.

“Mmm.” She hummed in reply with eyes closed. She was definitely feeling sleepy.

It felt like she can sleep forever.

And ever.

“You’re killing me,” the detective murmured as he looks at her with utmost concern. “You need to stop doing this to yourself.”

She heard him, but she did not really understand what he was saying. Her eyelids seem to be getting heavier and heavier every passing second.

Shinichi sighed as he holds her head and gently placed it on his shoulder. His scent reached her nose instantly and it was intoxicatingly nice. She snuggled on the crook of his neck in automatic response. She like the warm feeling he was giving off. Shinichi gasped at her actions, obviously astounded. If he didn’t know that the scientist was so tired and sleepy, he would have thought she was messing with him. He smiled, as he buried his face on her hair. It smelled like strawberry.

“Sleep.” He whispered as he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head and ran his fingers through her hair.

Shinichi did not need to tell her twice. She closed her eyes and sleep.

***

just a short fluff because you will never know when [if] they will have another moment again. HAHAHA