10. At Least Buy Me Dinner First

Start from the beginning

He caught her finger in his hand and pulled her towards him. "I think you're very well aware that what's under this suit is nothing, but amazing. Don't tell me you don't fantasize."

Scarlett pulled her finger out of his grasp and scoffed. "Fantasize about killing you, maybe."

Ace laughed, amused by how he had made her nervous. "This is going to be fun, Ambrose. You can pack a bag after work and come to my house and we'll try this over the weekend."

Before Scarlett could raise any protest, Ace had sauntered out of the room, feeling especially happy with himself. Scarlett bit the inside of her cheek and thought.

Watching the direction in which Ace had gone, Scarlett smiled. She was going to get what she wanted sooner than she thought she would.

When five in the evening rolled around, Ace popped his head into Scarlett's office, where she stood at the cabinet, fed up of sitting down, leafing through pages and pages of gifts for Ace's brother-in-law.

"You'd better get home and pack yourself a bag, Ambrose," he said.

Scarlett slammed her laptop shut and rubbed her eyes. "You seem awfully excited to have a roommate."

"Not a roommate, Ambrose," Ace shook his head, "My room is out of bounds to you."

Scarlett stuck her tongue out at him for lack of a better response. "I'll be at your place in about two hours," she sighed, tucking her laptop into its case.

Ace grinned. "Great."

Once she was home, Scarlett purposefully packed a bag which would carry her through only two days, determined to visit Grace over the weekend.

When she arrived at Ace's apartment complex, the place seemed to loom above her. Making her way down the now familiar hallways, she stood outside Ace's door, hoping Belinda would answer it.

Ace's face greeted her, instead. "Ambrose, how nice of you to come."

"You didn't give me much of a choice," Scarlett stepped in.

"Just the way I like it," Ace said, gesturing for Scarlett to follow him, "Come, let me give you the tour."

The only places within Ace's penthouse that Scarlett had seen were the foyer, his breakfast nook and kitchen. Everything seemed so different in the night. The grey accents that the house had brought out a steely look that almost screamed that it was owned by a heterosexual man. She followed him marveling at the glory that was Ace's house.

"That's is my home-office," he said, gesturing to a closed door, walking past it.

They passed the large living room, which was fit to host any party and came to what seemed to be the coziest room in the house.

"TV room," Ace said, gesturing to the space with a comfortable looking cloud couch and blackout curtains.

Scarlett glanced around. "Do you plug yourself into a wall at night?" she asked, "Because there was no bedroom."

Ace smirked and pointed across the room.

She followed his finger and saw that far corner of the space housed a winding staircase that led to the upper floor.

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Of course, Ace Hardwood has a two-level penthouse."

"Let me show you your bedroom," he said, taking her bag out of her hands and leading her up the staircase.

Scarlett followed him on to the landing, which held another small seating area and a stereo system.

He gestured to one side of the landing. "That's my room," he pointed to closed doors, "You're not allowed in there without my permission."