Chapter 10 /Antonio's POV

Start from the beginning

"Let's just say we'll be closing in four hours."

"Oh yeah, what time is that?" I asked.

"I'll see you when you get here," He said.

Kenyon was getting sick and tired of my bullshit, but who gave a shit. He held down the fort and dealt with the business end. I busted my ass and went where even Jesus wouldn't go to find whoever our clients were looking for. When he learned the meaning of teamwork, our lives would be much less confrontational. After I was done eating I went back upstairs to dress, I threw on a black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans, and I grabbed my keys and was out of the door not bothering to look in the mirror.

In my driveway I gave my baby a once over to make sure there was no scratches marring her paint. I wiped a smudge off the passenger door handle, and continued my inspection. Once I was satisfied that my baby had not been violated through the night, I hit a button on the key and she instantly roared to life. Only if a woman could be so obedient. I took a deep breath at my wishful thinking and climbed into my Camaro. I shifted it into first and eased out of the driveway.

Before going to the office I stopped by the corner store to get some gas. When I climbed out of the car, I spotted Steve an old homeless alcoholic. From my understanding Steve had not always been homeless, they said he used to be this big time real-estate tycoon, but ended up losing his shirt during the Regan administration, after that his wife and kids. He turned to alcohol and the ending to that story is the present we now see today.

"Hey Antonio, my man, give me two dollars so I can get something to eat." Steve said.

"Damn Steve, all I have is my card on me, no cash." I replied. I made a show of patting my pockets. "How about you come in with me and I'll buy you something to eat with my card." I called over my shoulder.

Steve stood there for a second as he tried to debate if he should press the issue of cash so he could buy a quart or if he should take the free meal. I guess free meal won out because he rushed after me into the store. In the store Steve went down each aisle and grabbed something or other off of each shelf. He looked like he was on a game show that allowed you to keep everything for free that you were able to snatch in less than sixty seconds. I watched Steve for a second and turned my attention to the cashier behind the counter. She was a sexy ass black chick named Ti'esha. Ti'esha's ass was fine from head to toe.

She knew it too and if you didn't when you met her by the time you left her you wouldn't ever forget it. I came to the store every day on my way to work and the farthest that I had ever got with her was a smile and have a nice day. I approached her from the side not bothering to get in line since I was still waiting on Steve to finish up.

"Hey Ti'esha, how's your day going so far?" I asked with a smile. When she saw me, she gave me a coy smile that females give when they definitely dug you but tried to play hard to get.

"Hey Antonio, I'm fine and you?" She asked as she took money for a refill on coffee from an annoyed customer who thrust his change in her hand.

"I'm good, I would be better though if you finally would agree to let me take you to dinner." I replied.

I looked her up and down on the sly while her attention was on another customer.

"Hey, do y'all have French Fries already cooked?" Steve yelled from somewhere in the store.

"Hell no, this is a convenient store not Burger King." Ti'esha yelled back then rolled her eyes.

"Hurry up Steve I ain't got all day." I called out to him.

"He better put everything on the counter too or else I'm gonna give him somewhere to sleep tonight." Ti'esha mumbled to herself.

"So what time do you want me to pick you up tonight?" I asked. I leaned forward and got a nose full her Victoria Secret's body wash. Damn, the scent invoked my imagination; I could see her spread eagle on my bed wearing nothing but a sexy ass smile.