Chapter 1- Why did Mother Nature creat Crimson wave?

A pounding headache was the first unwelcome sensation that greeted me as I peeled my eyes open with a groan, I mustered the urge to drag myself out of the sanctuary of my bed, each step towards the bathroom a lubricous effort.

But as I shuffled forward, a nagging sense of unease began to claw at the edges of my consciousness, a whisper that something was awry.

I paused, a chill running down my spine, and turned on my heel. My heart lurched into my throat at the sight—the unmistakable crimson splashes that marred the pristine white of the bathroom tiles, a trail of blood leading back to the chaos of my bedroom.

"WHAT THE HELL!" The words erupted from me, a mix of anger and disbelief. "HOW CAN I FORGET...OH MY GOD!"

The realization crashed over me like an enormous wave—I had forgotten to track my period.
There I was, a living crime scene, betrayed by my own body. With a string of curses, I flew into action, scrubbing away the evidence of my oversight, the morning's calm shattered by the urgency of my frantic cleanup.

Now, as the chaos unfurled around me, I couldn't help but rue the moment I dismissed Lisa's sage advice. She had been the voice of reason, urging me to embrace the digital aid of a period tracker app. But in my ego, I scoffed at the notion, confident in my memory.

Oh, how foolish I felt now! A simple download could have saved me from this crimson calamity.

"Stupid me," I muttered, a lament for my oversight.

Marvelous isn't it?

The week has barely begun and time is playing tricks on me. I am going to be twenty minutes late to school.

Mondays are the bane of my existence—why must they even exist as a part of the weekly cycle?

Why did  Mother Nature create the Crimson Wave?

I usually keep track of my menstrual cycle, but I've been really busy lately and forgot about it.

Managing my period can be challenging due to my struggle with endometriosis, which amplifies the pain.

In anticipation of my menstrual cycle, I use Aleve or ibuprofen to help manage the impending pain. I rely on these medications for four days to preemptively combat the overwhelming intensity of pain.

Yet here I am, saddled with regret, as I brace myself for the enduring agony of a seventy-five-minute calculus marathon.

Ugh!

Temptation whispers sweet nothings about playing hooky today, offering a pause for my sleepy brain from the relentless assault of numbers and equations.

Let me leave this excuse for another day.

Exhausted from the relentless task of erasing the scarlet evidence of nature's cycle, I trudge towards the shower. The past twenty minutes spent scrubbing away the crimson chaos have left me yearning for the cleansing embrace of warm water and steam.

Finally done showering, I settled for a black shoulder ruched crop top with baggy pants and matched it up with my Nike Air Force.

As I dashed out of my room and headed towards my car, I saw my parents leaving for work, leaving me alone in the house.

My stomach is making all sorts of racket, and it's only 8 in the morning!

I disregarded the auditory stimuli and proceeded swiftly to school.

The drive to school was an absolute torture with the relentless honking adding to my frustration of hunger.

I arrived at exactly 8:20 AM, and I realized that I had only ten minutes left to make it to my class.

I dash through the hallway, paying no mind to the curious glances around me.

As I pushed the heavy wooden door of the classroom closed, the familiar sound of its creaking hinges echoed through the air. I could feel the weight of the impending calculus lesson settling on my shoulders as I made my way to my seat. Just as I started to mentally prepare for the onslaught of equations, a sudden hushed murmur rippled through the room, capturing my full attention and drawing my gaze to the front of the class.

The air grew thick with tension as Mr Douglas cleared his throat, his voice trembling slightly as he addressed the class.

"Class, I have an urgent announcement," he began, his words sending a shiver down my spine. "It appears there's been a disturbance near the school premises."

My heart skipped a beat as whispers erupted around me, speculation swirling like a storm.

What could have happened so close to home?

Officers are on-site investigating," Mr Douglas continued, his voice wavering. "But until further notice, we're advised to remain indoors and await further instructions."

My mind raced with questions, each more alarming than the last.

Was it just a random occurrence, or was there a darker and more malicious force behind it?

As the minutes ticked by, tension coiled in my chest like a serpent, threatening to suffocate me with its grip.

And just as I thought I couldn't bear the suspense any longer, the intercom crackled to life, a voice echoing through the room with a chilling message.

"All students are to remain in their classrooms until further notice. This is not a drill."

With that ominous decree hanging in the air, the classroom descended into a hushed silence, the weight of uncertainty pressing down on us like a leaden cloak. As my thoughts raced with fear and apprehension, one thought pierced through the chaos with chilling clarity:

The atmosphere was far from safe. Each creak of the floorboards and every whisper of the wind outside carried an ominous feeling, intensifying the sense of impending doom that had enveloped us all.

I suddenly broke into a sweat, even though the room was fully air-conditioned.

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, and my headache seemed to intensify. Desperately, I reached for a bottle of water and hastily drank it all down.

I felt like I was the one who had been unfairly treated, and the effect on me was profound.

My mind raced with one pressing question:

I just hoped this had nothing to do with my family.