Chapter 17

Three Weeks Later

Soda's POV

It's been three weeks since I've hit Hailey. Three weeks since the last time I saw her. I've been off of work for all that time, I don't sleep a night and I don't really eat either. Pony has been upset but I'm worse, I'm a mess. Darry was furious when he found out. Dal has been over and he seems pretty cool about the whole situation but is always giving me glares, I just avoid him. I'm actually not mad that he got Sandy pregnant I'm mad that he hurt my sister and he doesn't care that she's out there somewhere. She could be dead. Thanksgiving passed, it was pretty depressing. I'll be thankful when my sister comes home. She wasn't here to decorate the tree or watch Mickey Christmas either. It's a couple days before Christmas, her favourite holiday, I hope she comes back to celebrate it. Isabella, (Pony and Hailey's friend) has been over quite a lot to check in on Pony and see if there was any news about Hailey. I've also gotten to know her. She's real pretty too. And she's apart of the gang now!

Right now the whole gang, except Hailey and Johnny, are sitting around not doing anything. Mickey Mouse is on but Two-bit isn't watching it. Steve isn't eating any chocolate cake. Darry isn't looking at the paper. Pony isn't reading a book. I don't have a grin on my face. Everybody has been effected by Hailey and Johnny disappearing, everyone except Dallas Winston. That's because he knows where they are! I thought to myself. He must, they were the only two people he's ever cared about, he should be a little upset but he's not. "Dally, you know where they are don't you?" He looked up at me wide eyed but then they went back to their cold daggers. "Why would I know where they are?" It's true, maybe he doesn't know where they went, maybe he just doesn't care about them that's why he's no freaking out. "Well I don't! But I heard a rumour that they're heading for Texas." He said nonchalantly. Two-bit stood up, "Well let's go look for 'em there! Come on Steve!" Steve started to get up until Darry butted in. "Nobody's going to Texas! We don't even know if that's where they are!" He shouted. Then walked to his room and slammed the door. Dal got up and headed to the door. "Wait Dal!" I hollered. I walked out on to the porch. "Just give this to Hailey okay?" I know he said he didn't know, but I have a gut feeling. He nodded and walked away. I really hope nothing happens to her, or Johnny.

Dallas's POV

Soda's suspicious. Of course I know where Hailey and Johnny went. I sent them up to an old abandoned church in the next town over. I'm going to see them today. Hailey and I are on speaking terms after what happened with Sandy and Soda. She said we can be friends for now until she's ready. According to her "too many people are trying to sabotage our relationship with rumour and false accusations. And you just have to many enemies right now for anything stable." That's what she told me last week when I went. What does that mean though? I got up and walked out the door when I heard Soda call me. I stopped and waited for him. "Just give this to Hailey okay?" He asked then walked back in side, I looked down and saw that he wrote a letter to Hailey. I walked to Bucks to ask him if I could borrow the car. "Hey Buck-" I was cut off when I felt lips on mine. They were familiar but the kisses were to rough and desperate to be Hailey. I pushes the person away to see the one and only Sylvia. "Fuck off. I'm not in the mood." She giggled. "I can put you in the mood." She said. "Sylvia! God damitt! Stay away from me!" I screamed then stomped up to Buck's room. I knocked on the door, 'cause you never know what Buck is doing. "Come on in!" He called. I entered his room. "Hey Bucky can I borrow your car?" He nodded his head. "Oh and by the way Dal, there's a rodeo happening in January, I'll tell you when the first meeting is." I laughed and said thanks, then walked out the door and down the stairs, where I saw Sylvia making out with some guy. "Slut." I muttered under my breath and walked out. I hopped in the car and drove off.

Hailey's POV

It's been three weeks since Soda hit me and three weeks since Johnny killed that Soc. It's also been three weeks that Dally and I have just been friends, three weeks of misery. I've also been sick every morning. But that's what you get when your pregnant right? Oh. It's true, y'all don't know about that yet eh? Let me tell you what happened.