Chapter 6: Cherry Blossom Viewing Party (Pt. 1)

"Sigh... "

It was history class and the teacher was droning on and on in front of them. Caspian heard a soft sigh coming from his left side. Turning towards the direction of the culprit, he saw a melancholic Charlotte propping her head on her arm, gazing out the window.

'Well, this is certainly out of character for her. Since when did the lady sigh outwardly like this?'

As if to answer his questions, a dialogue text had appeared in between the two of them.

『 Goodness.... It's such a beautiful day today and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom too. How I wish I could have one of those infamous cherry blossom viewing party I've heard so much about. Oh! But, won't it be much too pathetic to go alone? 』

"Sigh... " another one escaped her lips.

Seeing what the text bubble had said, Caspian's eyes shone in amusement.

'Has the lady never gone to a cherry blossom viewing party before? Well, we can't let that happen now can we?'

Caspian sat back in his seat with a mischievous look.

'That's right. Isn't this a great opportunity to get to know the lady one-on-one a little bit more?' he gave a satisfied smile before planning out what he will do next.

'That's right. Let's have a date with the young lady.'

----

And so ... how did it turn out like this?

Caspian's facial muscles twitched as he watched the beautiful Charlotte's hair blowing gently in the wind ... along with three other men carrying the rest of their things in their hands. It was apparent that Charlotte did not feel the same way about Caspian's one-on-one idea of getting to know each other, seeing as she had invited Kit to join along as soon as he proposed the idea to her.

And then once Charlotte's older brother had heard that his precious younger sister was going to a cherry blossom viewing party with two other men, he also insisted on tagging along.

And then there's the blond-haired royal.

No one knew how or why Ezekiel had come to join them as well but, somehow when they all gathered in front of the carriage this morning, he was already there waiting for them with an impatient face.

"My! Isn't this beautiful, everyone?" Charlotte raised her hand to catch a falling pink petal. Her usually expressionless face could not help but gleam in delight.

"Oh? I've never seen the lady with this kind of expression before" Caspian snaked up to her side, giving her a teasing grin.

Charlotte's face grew a little red at the fact that she had let slip her emotionless facade.

『 Oh no! I must control my expression. I must! 』

Caspian's smile grew wider, soaking in pleasure at her cute response. But before he could tease her even more, two plastic cups filled with bubbly liquid appeared in between the both of them.

"Charlotte, you must be exhausted hiking up here. Please have this drink" River beckoned a cup in his hand and gave it over to his younger sister. He then turned towards Caspian, giving a chilling smile.

"Please have this"

He tipped the cup down Caspian's mouth forcefully, almost drowning him the process.

'B- broad daylight torture?!'

With a strong grip, he dragged Caspian back towards the picnic site where the other two men were unpacking the food.

Or rather one of them was properly unpacking the food...

"Your Highness, what are you doing?" Charlotte gave despondent sigh towards the blond young man, who was currently wrapping the pink checkered blanket around himself.

"Keeping myself warm of course. That's why we brought the blanket, right?" he gave an innocent look.

Charlotte put down her cup and walked towards the prince. She unwrapped it from his body before shaking her head with a 'You're so helpless' look.

"Of course that's not how you use this. Isn't it rather obvious that this blanket is for setting a tarp over our heads? Now, where are the poles to hold this up?"

Ezekiel made an enlightened face as if he finally understood everything and then started searching for poles around the area.

Meanwhile, Kit and Caspian were looking at both of them with a forlorn expression.

'These damn upperclassmen'

Taking the blanket from Charlotte's hand, Kit gently laid the blanket down and patted it as if to say 'Like this'.

Charlotte's face grew red at her second mistake of the day. She crossed her arms and looked away.

"I- I knew that! I was just poking fun at His Highness who is too stupid to know anything"

『 Yea! It's all the prince's fault. If he didn't mistake its usage in the first place, I wouldn't have made a fool of myself  』

Ezekiel's jaw dropped open while pointing a finger to himself. Why was he the one getting the blame when she didn't know either? Also, isn't he supposed to have the highest rank here? Where did the respect for royalty go?

"Wait a second... " Charlotte paused and looked around.

『 I don't feel the intense pressure of someone staring at me 』

"... Where did older brother go?" Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their heads around to search for the male Charlotte lookalike. While they were distracted about the blanket, it seems like River had disappeared.