Chapter 3: The Frivolous Neighbour

It was like any normal morning in the the classroom of 2A of Saoirse Academy. Students were slowly starting to fill their seats as morning greetings were exchanged between friends. As usual, Charlotte was the first one to arrive and was arranging her books according to her class schedule.

"Did you hear about the ice princess yesterday?"

"Oh yea! It seems someone tried to accuse her of bullying again?"

"I was surprised someone defended her for once"

"Hmm... If only she was a lot more friendly to others then maybe she'd had more people to speak up for her"

"Oh yes. Her face is beautiful but, scary. She looks like she would bite your head off if you offend her"

The whispers of her classmates weren't particularly soft so Charlotte could hear everything. However, she did not pay attention to them at all... instead she was a bit distracted at the fact someone who was shamelessly staring at her for a long time.

"Excuse me but do you have something to say to me, sir?" Charlotte couldn't take it anymore as she turned her head to her right where her next door seat mate was sitting. He had never bothered to talk to her before so why was he staring at her so intensely now?

『  What is it? What do you want? I don't know who you are but leave me alone please! I can't take someone staring at my face! Uwaaa

The strawberry haired man broke out into a grin, his eyes twinkling in delight.

"I'm hurt that you don't even remember my name despite sitting next to each other for almost 4 months" he placed his hand on his chest, feigning a sad expression.

Don't take it to heart. I never expected to make friends anyways so I don't care to memorise anybody's name

"My name is Caspian Wolfe"

"... "

『  What is this? Should I introduce myself too? I've never held a friendly conversation with my classmates before  』

"Don't worry, Lady Charlotte Bellarose. I know who you are so you don't need to introduce your name to me" he winked.

"... "

Wha- what do you want? Gosh you must want to copy my homework don't you? It's not possible you want to be friends right?

Charlotte had not realised this whole time that she and Caspian were talking to each other without her even uttering a word out. Caspian laughed in his heart, thinking that this young lady was certainly a lot cuter than her cold appearance.

"Would you like to have lunch sometimes, Lady Charlotte? I would love to get to know you better"