Chapter 11: The Heroine's Arrival

Hello, readers! It is I, the great and energetic Adelie Elise Corale! Why do I have such a ridiculous name you ask?

It's not because my parents picked it out from Pinterest or even because I'm the daughter of a celebrity. No! It's because I'm none other than the heroine of the game, ☆◦ Blooming Love in Saoirse Academy ◦☆

That's right! I've been reincarnated into an otome game!

If you're wondering whether I was hit by good ol' truck-kun and then transported here by some God or system.... 

I'm here to tell you that it didn't happen that way! Not at all! Frankly, I'm quite disappointed with my circumstances.

In my original world, I died because I choked on mochi from my mochi red bean soup during a high school marathon run. Every time I think about it, I'm extremely embarrassed! In my defense, people die from choking all the time, ok? Needless to say, I'm traumatized. I'll probably scream hysterically if I ever see mochi in front of me ever again.

And there was no mysterious voice to welcome me into a new world at all. The process was really fast and simple. After I passed out— er, I mean died, I suddenly found myself standing in front of the gates of a high school. No plunging into a black abyss or floating in space while listening to a mysterious voice telling me that I've been selected to live in a new world. 

Blacked out, woke up and boom I'm here!

I demand a refund for this disappointment. All those reincarnation novels I've read lied to me! 

On the bright side, at least I wasn't too shocked when I arrived here. I accepted my fate rather quickly. It wasn't like I had any family back home since I was born an orphan. I was passed around from one foster family to another too. My only solace in my past colourless world were my reincarnation novels and games, especially the one I've been playing recently.

Looking at the engraved plate that said 'Saoirse Academy', I instantly knew this was the game I was checking out for the past few weeks. It was about a commoner girl, Adelie a.k.a. me, who enters high school and captures the hearts of four handsome men. The goal of the game was to graduate with at least one 100% favorability rating from one of the targets in order to achieve a good end. Throughout the entire game, the heroine also has to deal with the bullying of the villainess, Charlotte Bellarose, who was the fiancée of one of the capture targets.

BUT— I refuse to play the way the game intended!

Why?

Because I am a massive villainess reincarnation novel fan.

Like I've read almost every villainess reincarnation web novels and webtoons existed.

I refuse to get involved with the capture targets in any way. Besides, I know that the villainess isn't even a villainess anyways. She simply has a harsh tongue and a cold attitude, just like most of the other villainess in those novels.

How do I know this?

Because for the past few months, I've been stal— tailing her!

Yes, yes that's right. You readers probably don't realize this but I've been here since the start of the novel! Ever since I came here, I've been stealthily disguising myself in the background so that I avoid the eyes the capture targets, and Charlotte.

If you are curious to know where I was in the novel, I was part of the crowd in the first four chapters—disguised as mob character A. In the cherry blossom episode, I disguised myself as one of the servants carrying in the furniture and then stayed behind by disguising myself by pretending to be part of the group sitting closest to Charlotte's group. Luckily they were too drunk to even notice I had slipped in. In the last chapter, I dressed as a bush right next to Kit. He was asleep anyway so it wasn't like he was going to see me even if my disguise wasn't all up to par to my other disguises.

I didn't bother to appear in chapter 5 because it only involved the capture targets and who wants to see a bunch of men talking all afternoon?

Anyways, I dare say that my years of cosplaying has served me well. I've perfected my disguising skills to the point I could make spies and ninjas jealous. Haha! Take that! Who says being an otaku doesn't have its useful applications in real life?

Cough.

Back to the topic at hand, I am currently out on one of my stal—field observations! 

But, just why—

WHY ARE THEY PLAYING HIDE-AND-SEEK?!

Where the hell is the romance? The development between the so-called villainess with the capture targets? The "I can't help but look at you even though you have such a bad attitude" or "You're mine no matter how others view you"? Not a single amount of progress has happened at all so far! Did I reincarnate into the wrong game?

I gripped my pen tightly in my hand to the point it broke into two.

I was already moody because I was sweating buckets underneath this stupid cat mascot costume. Before you ask, the real school mascot is currently tied up in the closet. I'll untie him later after I finish borrowing this.

I looked down at my notes in despair. There was absolutely nothing written except for the sentence: "12:36 PM - Playing Hide and Seek"

At this rate, I might as well become cupid myself and set up scenes for Charlotte and the capture targets to get them together. But the problem is, I can't decide who she should end up with—the prince, the knight, or the mystery character?

By the way, I don't care about the siscon. It's natural for you readers to think: "Oh why don't you get together with him? He's the only one whom you can safely capture his heart without getting in the way of Charlotte's love."

Well, no thanks—if he isn't part of the Charlotte love harem then I don't care about his existence. I didn't come here to romance, I came here to satisfy my villainess fix! Well, actually I came here because I choked and died but that's beside the point.

Hmm? Now that I think about......

"One, two, three, fou—"

"Damnit! If I wasn't photographing Charlotte's beautiful smiling face, I would have pummelled those idiots out there for putting a smile on her fa—"

I slowly turned to the voice who spoke out at the same time and came face to face with a man. Or at least I think it's a man? He had a deep voice and wore the men's academy uniform.

He also wore a paper bag over his head and had a camera slung over his neck.

Where did he even come from?

As we both silently judged each other's appearance, we fell into an awkward standoff. Inside the costume, my mouth turned into a frown. Was this person secretly taking photographs here? Who the hell is he? A stalker of the beautiful Lady Charlotte? How disgusting!

Of course, I'm completely different from this man. I'm only observing Charlotte for the sake of my villainess reincarnation fix, so me tailing her is totally justified. This person, however, is probably a complete deviant—I mean just look at his weird paper bag costume!

"G— Go Saoirse Aca-NYA-me," the other person weakly gave the academy cheer.

"—!"

STOP! STOP! YOU'RE MAKING THIS SO MUCH MORE AWKWARD!

"N— Nya-ver give up!" I continued in a similar weak voice as I struck a pose.

"......."

"......."

"I— I think someone is calling me," the person cleared their throat.

"Ah. Y— yes, me too," I responded.

The two of us stood up silently and bowed quickly before escaping into opposite directions. As I sat down in my dorm room's bed, still dressed in the cat mascot costume, I pondered deeply.

"There really are a lot more weirdoes around lately"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N: For some reason, only now I just noticed the weird spacing in the previous chapters. It's probably because I copied and pasted it from the editor app I was using. Ugh. Oh well~ I'm too lazy to fix it so, let's just move on (☛'∀`*)☛