Chapter 5: His So-Called Fiancee

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

[Y/N], Just answer! Now!

"H-Hi-..Hello, M-Mr. Han." I stuttered, failing miserably at my attempt for acting normal.

" Ah, [Y/N], It's just you." I heard him inhale, then sigh softly. I'm glad he was able to recognize my voice.

"I told you to call me by my name. You sound like Assistant Kang." He bluntly stated. Jeez, I'm sorry, mister.

"Sorry."

"No need to apologize. How are you—"

"Oh Jumin~!" I heard a faint, girly voice from him, which made Jumin sigh.

Huh, I didn't know Jumin has a girlfriend? She's a lucky girl.

...Uh, okay, where did that thought came from?

"...Ah, the worst woman, at the worst timing." I heard him mumble stressfully.

I guess it's not his girlfriend.

"How did she get pass the security?" He whispered, irritated. "...Uh, Jumin?" I call out loud.

"Jumin, who are you talking to~?" I heard the lady's voice again. I began to get nervous.

Jumin paused for a few seconds. "Excuse me, [Y/N]." After saying that he ended the call.

Well that was quick.

I looked at my phone as silence falls down at me once again. Loneliness went inside me once again. I sadly sighed.

I opened my book, turning to the page where the bookmark is placed. Welp, I guess I should go back to reading.

————————————————————

| Jumin's PoV |

I ended the call from [Y/N], hearing the clicking of heels approach me.

    ...What does she want now? I turn my head to look at her face, covered in a thick layer of make up.

I generally never locked my door so everyone can come in, except for her. Unlike the others, she would just barge in without a care, as if she thinks that she lives here.

I'll just have to remind myself to lock the door next time.

"Jumin! There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you~!"

"And I have been trying to avoid you."

"Eh?!" She scowled angrily. "Now, now. There's no need to be rude at your fiancée, Jumin~!" Sarah says arrogantly. "You'll get to marry me in the next month! So don't just overreact to your future wife just because you need some privacy~"

Sarah, as my future wife..? I highly disapprove of that. Out of all women that father he got engaged with, why does it have to be Ms. Glam Choi? 

I call back the time when we went on a dinner with my father introducing Ms. Choi to me, the woman he's engaged with. She states that her student has to marry me to make both of our companies, C&R International with Sugar Round, integrate together. And her student, is none other than Sarah. In addition, Sarah is the CEO of Sugar Round.

But what's even worse is, why does father have to approve with this nonsensical agreement?

I am nothing like my father, he's a womanizer. I fear that if he still kept his womanizing ways, our stock might drop quickly. That's how I get not to trust women.

I still believe the fact that women who have high interests on me, only wants me for my money and my wealthiness. And I know that also includes Sarah and Ms. Choi.

Right now, I just want to be alone. But she couldn't stop bickering about our "marriage".

"I believe that I have told you before that try not to fuss me." I say, raising my brow at her.

"C'mon Jumin, why won't you talk to me?" She crossed her arms. "Since I'm your fiancée, you should at least offer me a drink~. I'm exhausted for looking everywhere for you in this massive penthouse of yours." She says, using her hand as a fan. Yes, my penthouse is enormous. But I believe that my father already gave her a tour.

And why does she have to repeat the word 'fiancée'..?

"Then you shouldn't have to look around for me. Like I said earlier, I was trying to avoid you." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Ugh, whatever! Anyways, who are you talking to? Is it your precious, beloved cat?" She takes a glance at my beautiful Elizabeth the 3rd laying at my bed, licking her white paws clean.

"No, and it's none of your business." I turn stood up from my seat and approach Elizabeth. I lean down to kiss her soft head as I pet her. Sarah watches in disgust.

"If it's not that cat. Are you talking to a girl?" She skeptically gazed at me. "Yes, I was talking to a girl. Is there a problem?" She gasped.

"I knew it! You're replacing me with her!"

Oh please, I'd rather choose [Y/N] than that blasted woman. But that would be unacceptable since we only met in a few days ago. She wouldn't like me anyway.

"You're mistaken, I barely know her." I simply said. "Liar! I'll talk with your father about this!"

I was about to retort, but she angrily stomped away out of my room. Finally, some silence. I looked at the desk, seeing the newspaper I have read earlier. I approach to take a look at the headline which says 'Executive Director, Jumin Han dating the owner of Sugar Round, Sarah Choi?'

Such fake news. Oh father, why did you have to agree with this...? I sighed to myself, slowly walked my way in front of the window wall, seeing that it has been raining harder than usual since yesterday.

[Y/N].

Right. She's the new member of the RFA and she needs a job, but I haven't introduce her to the other members yet. I already spoke with V about this and agreed about it. Now, what should I do..?

... Of course, Luciel.

I opened my phone to contact him. Waiting for him to answer my call.

— Calling 707 . . . —

A few seconds had passed he finally answered my incoming call. "Jumiiiin, mah man! How's Elly?" I leaned away from the phone as he shouted. "Not now, Luciel. I need you to do something."

"Yeah, sure, and what's that?" He asked.

"Do you remember what you said about [Y/N] joining the RFA?" I questioned. "Yeah, why? Did she join?!" He asked, more like shout, causing me to lean my ear away from the phone.

"Yes, and I want you to add her on the app."