2. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝔂 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓻

Isabella's view:

I stand up from the wall and walk into our yard, seeing no one there. My heart beats fast as I look towards next door, a small silver, aluminium fence between both houses. As I scan the yard, my eyes meet the gaze of a boy who looks about my age. He flashes a small smile and walks towards me.

"Hello there, you must be new," the boy says, smiling as he holds his hand out.

"Hello. Yes, my family and I are new." I smile, taking his hand and shaking it firmly. His hands rough against mine.

When was the last time this kid used hand moisturiser? His hands are as hard as rocks!

He runs his fingers through his jet-black hair. "Travelled far?"

I watch him and raise an eyebrow. I notice his eyes are red. "Depends what you call far. If an hour cuts it then yes. By the way, are those contacts or your natural eye colour?"

He looks at me then at the ground. He sways back and forth on the balls of his feet as if I am asking him to pick his favourite child. He finally opens his mouth to speak, no words escaping at first, but he clears his throat and tries again. "Yes, uh, contacts. My name is Mark by the way. Lovely to meet you, madam."

This kid is hiding something.

"Nice to meet you too. My name is Isabella." I smile and look at the boy taking note of his snow-white skin and how elegantly he spoke.

"Isabella, huh? A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. The name suits you." He chuckles and crosses his arms, his eyes trailing from my head to my feet and back up.

"Hah! Yea right. Thanks anyway," I say bluntly and roll my eyes.

"I'm serious. Say, are you 17?" he whispers, winking at me.

"Maybe. But enough about me, tell me more about you. What do you like doing in your free time?" I cross my arms and look at him. I notice he is quite good looking but still I need to be very careful, he doesn't seem like the good kind, but I could be proven wrong.

I notice his face changing from neutral to deep in thought. A frown forming as he bites his lip but then his eyes twinkle and he relaxes again as he opens his mouth. "Well apart from school, my life is quite boring. You know, homework, music, family budding into my room, gym since we have one indoors. How about you?"

"Just homework, reading, music, singing on the top of my lungs. The usual." I shrug and laugh.

"Interesting," he says with a nod. "You know, it's nice to see someone finally decide to buy this house and move in."

"What do you mean by finally?" I ask, raising an eyebrow while resting my palms on the fence as I lean forward.

"Well, multiple reasons," he vaguely explains, his eyes wandering away from mine and down to the ground.

"Tell me, because I know nothing about this house," I insist, while I stand up straight as I swing my arms back and forth along my side.

"Well, long story short, it is believed the man who was killed in the house still haunts it," he says coldly, crossing his arms.