I find myself finishing three chapters before placing a pin on the page and closing it. Reaching for the tea tray, I begin on pouring myself an appropriate amount of tea and then putting one sugar cube and just a dash of milk. Bringing that to my side and a cookie, I start on chewing on the cookie.

Not even half way done with my snack, someone knocks on my door. “Annabelle, it’s time for you to water your roses. If you don’t, they’ll die from dehydration.” It was Cole’s voice on the other side of the door. I roll my eyes at his exaggeration but found out that he is right about the part that I need to water my lovely roses. It was 5 in the afternoon, nearing dinner.

I place my half eaten cookie and almost half empty cup of tea on the tea tray, bringing it with me to give to Cole. “I want a new tea set by next week. I’m bored of seeing this.” This design consisted of black swirls around the teapot and the cups with little green gems decorating it when the swirls end. It was pretty but using it for a month bores me. Cole’s right eyebrow rose at my request but didn’t dare question anything.

“I’ll be going now.” I watch him retreat to the main kitchen before I moved my feet towards my bedroom. It was quite a walk actually which leads me to not using the gym room very often because walking from places to places takes quiet the energy already. My bedroom is on the very end of the west wing which is annoying because the study was situated at the east wing.

Once I’ve finally reached my bedroom, I hurry to the balcony. I smile at the roses with the spray in hand. I often talk to them but I never let anyone see me doing that of course. I first put on the gloves to protect my hands from the thorns before I went to work. I spray the leaves first, fascinated about the little droplets that decide to form on the leaves. Whilst humming, movement from the corner of my right eye made me stop. I drop the spray on the table where my roses were and stood up.

Someone was approaching my mansion and it wasn’t Fiona or my father. From where I was, the person looks like a man. He was looking around in amazement and I felt proud that I own the place, looking at him smugly but the realisation hit me quickly as I squat down to hide myself.

Looking around in panic, I went on all fours and crawled my way in the safety of my own room, shutting the balcony door gently so it wouldn’t attract attention. Standing up, I felt disgusted as I realised that I just crawled on the floor. It wasn’t like it wasn’t clean, it was very clean indeed. If it wasn’t then I’d happily fire a couple of maids.

“Cole! Luis! There’s an intruder! I want him out of my property imme-“My eyes widen as the doorbell rang its melodious tune.

I could faintly hear the door opening and both Luis and Cole were greeting the man. “Freaking traitors.” I mutter to myself before I closed the door to my bedroom. I pace around the spacious room thinking of ways to get rid of the man. But first, I would need to face him. Something that I don’t usually do because of the lack of guests I get from the 17 years I’ve lived.  

“Ms. Annabelle! Annabelle!” It was not normal for them to shout out across the mansion so this man must be very important that they require my presence immediately. This of course makes me more anxious than I already was. I could already hear advancing footsteps towards my bedroom.  Before Cole or Luis can knock on my door, I pulled it open, drag them inside and then pushing it close almost in the span of two seconds.

“I want him out of my house immediately.” I spit out with a venomous tone. For a split second, Cole looks like he was about to have a heart attack but his face contorts to relax before speaking almost in a professional way. “Your guest wants to speak with you.” He declares. “From all the years I’ve been locked up here, I have not had a single guest except for my dad and Fiona. Now tell me, do you really think I would face this anonymous man with open hands?!” I shriek, throwing my hands up and stomping my right foot. Cole looks at me with dissatisfaction. “Well then, what do you propose we tell him?” I give him a blank look. “I don’t know! Tell him to get lost! I don’t really care just get him out of my house!” I feel uncomfortable that there is an unknown man in my house right now. Possibly sitting on one of my finest sofas. The highly likely thought makes my blood boil.

“Fine, wait here.” I did a double take at his choice of words and his tone. “Fine.” I spat out, turning swiftly to sit on my bed and wait for his report. Cole went without a word and I was left alone once again.

“Stupid.” I murmur. Why would they even let this man in without my permission? What would’ve happen if I wasn’t on my balcony?! I could’ve been waltzing around the mansion and he could’ve seen me! What a humiliating thought that is!

Cole appears in front of my doorway again, now bearing a miniscule smirk but I could see it. I could definitely see it. “He said that he’s not leaving the mansion until you see him.” I groan in annoyance, hating this man even more. “Why?!” I whine, sounding like a little girl. “I think it’ll be better if he explains everything instead of me, Annabelle.” He tells me. My cheeks are beginning to turn into a velvet colour from the anger I’m experiencing right now. I’ve never been this angry since I was a small kid.

“I don’t care! Do whatever it takes for him to leave my house! I’ve had enough!” I shout, it echoed around the mansion and I was so sure that this was enough for Cole to do what I say and not question it but he stood tall and he did not move an inch. “Annabelle.” He uses the tone my father would use with me, making me look up at him with wide eyes. “You are to greet this man nicely and listen to what he has to say. Am I making myself clear?” He said this with authority just like how my father has always talked to me.

Without a word, I stand up and walked towards the door, brushing past Cole who still didn’t move an inch. “Fine.” I mutter. Taking a deep breath and composing myself, I smooth out my dress, fixing my hair a little before walking towards the east wing. I didn’t need to get Cole to guide me where the man is, I already knew from the laughter and chatter that came from my study. Three maids were also peeking at the doorway but immediately scattered to do their work when they saw me approaching, only muttering a ‘Good evening Ms. Annabelle.’ when they passed by me.

I walk in on the study and the man had its back to me. Mrs. Pots was offering him a small smile and a cup of tea. Luis is in the room as well, laughing at whatever the man has previously said. I could feel Cole’s presence behind me so I stepped inside, feeling the warmth of the fire. I was about to say ‘good evening’ when I realise something.

“Why are you sitting on my favourite chair?!”

Author's Note 

Hey daydreamers! First chapter done! Honestly, I wrote more than I expected for this chapter. I have no idea if its going to be like this for every chapter (lets hope so. Pray that I don't get lazy). 

Anyway, it's christmas eve and I just want you guys to know that I want you all to have a merry christmas! 

It's too early to start on putting goals but my goal for this would be simple: 10 votes, 10 comments and have a merry christmas!

Stay pretty my daydreamers! Unless you're a dude! Then stay handsome!

Vote

Comment 

Love you xxx

:)