Chapter 10

Before reading: For this chapter, I want you all to comment and vote and tell me what you think because I miss your feedbacks (I didn't get any on the last chapter :( ) I figured that you guys love drama so here you go.  

Chapter 10

Going back home feels dull.

In any other given day, I would’ve been jumping around in delight. I would’ve kissed the ground near the house and then I’d take a long rose bath, scrubbing myself clean. I would’ve strolled in at the front door, instead of using the back door. I would’ve thought “Why would I need to use the back door like a coward? It’s not like I’d do this again.” I shouldn’t be dreading to face Cole or Luis because I would never sneak out ever again…

But the thing is that I didn’t want to jump around, I didn’t feel like kissing the ground and I definitely didn’t want to take a bath to get rid of the memories I’ve gained from this trip. I didn’t want to go through the front door because I want to do this over and over again until I memorized the different colours of the shops, the playgrounds and the small quaint houses that littered the streets neatly.

I’m dreading stepping foot inside the house that I once viewed as paradise but now my prison.

After experiencing what it feels like to roam around the streets and seeing new faces, would anyone honestly think that I would go back to seclusion?

“Hurry up its getting dark.” Adam calls over his shoulder, his natural pace slightly faster than mine. I nod timidly while focusing on the ground covered will fallen leaves.

I really didn’t want to go back home.

“You need to exercise more, Belle.” My eyes snap over to his mischievous ones. “Says the one who was whining when the elevator didn’t work.” I shot back. He raises and eyebrow, bumping shoulders with me. “Well I wouldn’t have been whining if I didn’t carry all the food.” I shrug my shoulders, a ghost of a smirk playing on my lips.

“You offered to do so.” I tuck a fallen strand behind my ear. We were near, the house in view but not near enough to see the minor details. To the people unfamiliar to the path and to the town, it would look like an old and out of place mansion.

“Remember what I told you?” I nod meekly before going over what he told me back when we were staring at the start of the woods almost half an hour ago.

“Go through the same hole, wait and see if anyone is around and then make a mad dash to the back door.” I repeat carefully. We silently venture for five more minutes before the hole that we came from is insight, just how we left it. Now I’m truly wondering whether the paid security guards are actually doing their jobs right or not.

“After you.” He grins. I catch on to remembering that it’s exactly what he told me this morning when we were in the same position except that we were on the other side of the fence. My smile turns into a grin in a second.

“No way.” I play along with the same amount of stubbornness I had this morning. He laughs quietly, shrugging his shoulders and saying “Suit yourself then.” Just like how he did this morning.

We continue to joke around until both are bodies are now inside the fence and he is left to cover up the hole he’s dug up. It takes him a few minutes to do so and by the time he’s finished, it’s already dark.

“What would we say?” I ask him ass I lead the way this time. I hear him make a knowing ‘hmm’ sound before answering. “Well we have to first hope that we’re not going to get caught.” I murmur an “obviously” before letting him continue.