Little did he know that I had already figured this out by myself.

"Well......" I murmureded, "I kinda already accidentally used magic." This time, it was turn for Loki's eyes to grow large.

"What do you mean?" He pressured. I pursed my lips and looked awkwardly at the ground.

"I accidentally made a duplication of myself."

"How?" Loki gapped, awestruck. His eyes were no longer harsh and he seemed genuinely curious. "That is advanced magic, it took me years to fully conjure a proper illusion spell. How long did it last?"

"Not long, it vanished when I touched it." I explained, still shocked at Loki's reaction.

"Interesting." Loki cooed softly, his eyes suddenly landed on the necklace I wore around my neck—the one that had busted with light. I had completely forgotten about it.

"Perhaps that necklace may have something to do with it? May I see it?" He suggested before reaching his hand out, palm up. I narrowed my eyes at him but reached up to unclasp my necklace. I laid the blue orb and the simple, silver chain in the center of his hand.

He lifted his hand closer to his face, his eyes tracing over the necklace. He lifted his other hand and slowly hovered it over the orb. As he did that his hand was surrounded by a dark, shimmering green and at the same time the orb began pulsating again. The bright blue and the green swirling together, lighting up the backyard in ethereal light.

Loki then closed his hand, the green and blue light disappearing—casting them in shadows. He tilted his head curiously before looking down at me.

"Where did you get this?" Loki asked with shock lacing his words. I frowned, searching through my memory. Where did I get it?

"I don't know, I've had it for as long as I can remember. Why? What is it?" Whatever it was, it clearly had Loki spooked.

Loki was silent for a moment more, his brows still furled. He pursed his lips before responding. "I believe that it just may be the Orb of Tessa."

"Orb of Tessa? What does that mean?"

"The Orb of Tessa was an amulet that was created to protect the wearer by channeling the wearer's existing magic."  Loki explained and his brows furled again.

"It channels someone's magic, so that means I have magic already? Why haven't I used it before." I gasped.

"The amulet protects the wearer by reacting with their emotions. Fear, anger, sadness—anything thing that could possibly put them in danger. What were you doing when it happened?" Loki asked and an awkward smile crossed my face.

"Well, it was after you glared at me when I peaked through the crack in my door at you."

Loki chuckled, "I scared you?"

"You still do, just now not as much now knowing that I have magic." I scoffed as I crossed my arms. Loki rolled his eyes again.

"I am still curious to how you got this." Loki mused, shifting the conversation again. He held up my necklace, letting the orb dangle in front of himself.  He glanced it over a few more times before handing it back to me.

"Maybe Odin gave it to me when he sent me down to Fury." I said Fury's bitterly, my teeth clenching together when I was finished. My eyes drifted to the ground before a small rock caught my attention. I kicked it with the toe of my shoe, ignoring the fact that Loki had stepped closer.

"He believed he was doing the right thing by not telling you." Loki murmured suddenly and I frowned.

"He still lied to me." I growled, still kicking the rock. Loki sighed.

"Believe me, I have more then enough experience with that."

My eyes flickered up to his, confused to what he meant? His voice had sounded so lost and broken in that moment.

"What do you mean?" I muttered so quietly that I barely even heard myself speak. Loki's jaw clenched and sadness glazed over his eyes.

"Maybe one day......maybe one day I will tell you, but until then, don't let your hate for him lying to you, consume you." My eyes flickered back to the ground, a tear slipping from the corner of my eye.

Maybe if I hadn't so upset, I would have realized that he had been talking to himself as well.

***

We didn't stay outside much longer and we found ourselves heading inside. 

Once inside, the house was silent.  All except the quiet, almost non-verbal sound of music that drifted from Darcy—who was the only once still awake.  The sound was a tell-tale sign that her headphones were turned up too high.

I parted ways with Loki and headed towards my room with tears still lingering in my eyes.  Loki's words still running through my head.  Could I really forgive him?

I didn't even change when I finally climbed into bed.  I rolled onto my side, staring out through the bay windows at the vast wilderness.  The soft pitter-patter of rain beginning to hit the glass, lured me to sleep.

I was out like a light after that, but that didn't mean I slept.