{Ephemeral Snow}

Christmas.

Snow was already falling in the Land of the Rising Sun. The cold winter air as well as the ephemeral gentle snow that fell from the sky decorated the country. People were now wearing thick clothes to warm themselves. They also prepared for Christmas. Bright colorful lights and vibrant Christmas carols added life and pulchritude to the land.

Guys~!” Kano cheerfully called out to the rest of the Mekakushi Dan inside their base. The gang was busy with their respective activities and they immediately turned to the cat-eyed boy in front of them.   “Let’s have a snowball fight outside!” He proposed.

Kido was about to protest when Seto cut in. “That would be fun! Great idea, Kano! We can have this also as a belated birthday celebration for Konoha!

Kano gave out a playful smile. “I know right? As expected from a genius like me. Teehee~” The blonde said in a smug face.

 “What do you think, Danchou?” Momo asked their greenette leader excitedly.

Please Kido~! Let’s go outside~!” The fluffy medusa pleaded using those red puppy-like eyes.

Kido was about to refuse when she saw the eager looks of her members (except for Shintaro and Konoha who were as deadpan as her). She couldn’t say ‘NO’ to them. After all, it’s Christmas. And besides, it’s also a late celebration for Konoha’s birthday. Well they did have a mini party for him at the 24th – with lots and lots of negima. But still, they have to do something fun today, right?

Fine. Let’s go.” She finally gave her assent. Everyone was brimming with joy and they momentarily rushed to their rooms and prepared to venture outside.

Shintaro then checked his phone. “Ene, you heard that? We’re going outside.” The word that escaped from his lips painted dread all over his face.

Yes master! I’m already excited! Hurry up and change! Don’t forget to wear thick garments to avoid the cold, okay? I can’t afford to have a sick master y’know.” She chuckled.

The red-jersey clad boy only hissed. He then left his phone at the living room’s coffee table (so that Ene won’t do anything stupid while he’s changing) and off he went to his room.

The blue cyber girl held her stomach as she chortled at her master’s reaction, rolling her pixelated body over the gallery icon. Then without her noticing, Konoha spoke to her. “Ene.

Ene jack-knifed and saw the giant android leaning towards the phone’s screen to see her. A tinge of red formed on her cheeks as she turned to him. “K-Konoha! I-I didn’t notice you! Are you here all along?”

Yes. You were laughing at Shintaro. Oh by the way... Ene, do you have negima?” He asked.

Ene facepalmed. “You’re hungry again? I can’t believe it. You just finished a bag of potato chips!

Yes. But I’m still hungry.” The pale android responded while rubbing his belly. Ene gave him a WHAT-KIND-OF-STOMACH-DO-YOU-HAVE look, then sighed. “Alright. I don’t have negima though. But I’ll tell you where to get it. Come closer.” Konoha then inched his face closer to the screen as Ene told him where can he find his beloved negima. After that, he nodded and thanked her as he proceeded to the kitchen.

The cyber girl heaved a deep sigh as she watched him walk away. He really hasn’t changed, she thought.

She then looked outside the window from her master’s phone screen. Snow was falling from the sky. As she waited for her friends to finish their preparations, old memories went gushing in her mind.