June - Honor/Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Everything was ready.

A breath out.

She was the only one missing.

Why was it so long? Why was she taking so long? What if she ran away? Did she changed her mind? What if...

The guests turned around.

Silence fell.

He lost his breath.

No, she was right here.

At her father's arm, cheeks slightly red, she was shyly smiling to the guests now standing up. In a romantic princely dress in tulle and chantilly lace, the duchesse neckline showed off her pretty bosom. The fold of fabric highlighted her elegante silhouette and her light walk made the fabric dance.

She was so beautiful.

Radiant, her jasmine perfume came to him and gradually intoxicated his sense as she came close to him. Everyone was hypnotised by her but, no one equaled Naruto who was, once again, struck by the lavender eyes of his soon-to-be wife. Time stopped. He could only see her.

There, everything was fine.

She was right here.

It's with a lot of emotions that Hiashi gave him his daughter's hand as he squeezed his shoulder. One last reassuring look with a kindly smile, Naruto indirectly made his soon-to-be father-in-law understand that he will take good care of his precious child. It was the separation step between the world of innocence, of childhood and the world of responsibilities, of adulthood. Hiashi must have feel it. Hinata became a woman. His little princess left him for another man, for Naruto.

Naruto tried to look good all the while his heart was threatening him to explode when he brushed against Hinata's soft skin to help her with the few stairs. Behind her, Ino, her chief bridesmaid, replaced the long lace tail. Being on cloud nine, Naruto had to blink a few times, trying to take back his composure despite the destabilising goddess before him. Hands intertwined, he didn't see that time went by.

Everything speed up.

From the speech to the vows, which almost made him faint. From put the ring to their ring fingers to the 'I do', which provoked shivers across his skin. His anxiety disappeared when Hinata said those two words with her captivating voice. He was moved. Moved to see her smile. Moved to see her having fun during the night after the ceremony with her family and friends.

Under the light, the garden was shining but, nothing was similar to his feeling of happiness. There he was, married to the most beautiful woman of the world. The one who will always brighten his heart.

Everything was perfect.

From the party which lasted all night, to the departure for their honeymoon, he was looking forward to be alone with her, strengthen this bond which, from now on, made them husband and wife.

For better, for worse...

"We are on our honeymoon." he smiled like a child with his elbows on the Parisian hotel's front desk.

As she was checking them in with their passports, the clerk congratulated them. Hands intertwined, they made their way towards the lift as luxurious as the reception room. Even though it has been twenty-four hours since the splendid ceremony, Naruto was still euphoric. Happiness could be seen in his sparkling blue eyes.

Fabricated happiness which fell as soon as they were finally alone, bringing him harshly to reality.

Coldly, Hinata let go of his hand and made a step, creating distance between them. The atmosphere turned into something heavy and hostile. It fell in the cube now too small. Naruto swallowed. His throat tightened when he tried to make eye contact with his wife who was ignoring him, keeping a neutral expression. Silence was heavy. Her eyes started to shine.

Was she about to cry again?

The bell freed them from the awkwardness which took place between them, hiding the sound his heart did when it broke. Hinata got ahead of him to unlock the door of the hotel room to rush in the bathroom, locking herself up without saying a word. There he was, alone in the middle of their honeymoon suite, being in the grip of his questions about the nature of their relationship.

Even the room, tinted with red and gold, too bright for Naruto, and the view on the Eiffel tower, still lighted, didn't bring back his smile. He stopped his tears, telling himself that maybe she just needed time. Yes, that's it, she needed time to realised her life was now attached to his. For better, for worse, as they vowed.

Really?

With a heavy heart, he felt lost.

It's only after fifteen interminable minutes that the white door was kicked open, making him jump. Hinata appeared, still silent. She had removed her makeup and changed but her eyes was still red and puffy because of her tears. Without a look at him, she came close to the bed, emphasing the pain of his husband who was biting the inside of his cheek.

Face to face, their eyes finally met. It was easy for him to see. Everything was crystal-clear in his wife's eyes. No, he won't hold her close to him, he won't touch her. No, not tonight and not during the other nights to come.

"Well", she sounded so detached. "Goodnight."

The fall was brutal but it was the hard reality of this arranged marriage.

Naruto loved Hinata.

Hinata hated Naruto.

I'm back with my sad mess :(