Twenty-four

"You're gone from my sight, but never from my heart

but never from my heart."

//24//

~❀❀ ~❁❀❀❁~ ❀❀~

I have never run faster than now in my whole life. Not caring how many people I bumped into, I ran. I only saw the path to the hospital, nothing was in my eyes other than that.

My mind was clouded with her heart-shaped smile, her voice, her jokes, pieces and pieces of moments we shared like films. A tear of fear was rolling down from my eye, oh god I can't lose her.

I was destroyed when I saw a snowy-white cloth covering her body up to her face.

I was broken when I pulled down the cloth to see her once pink lips now pale.

I was dead when I saw her lying lifeless on the hospital bed.

No, no.

I'm still dreaming, aren't I?

"Violet." Taehyung muscles moved in reflex to hold me when I lost my balance. My brain wasn't functioning, my mouth parted but nothing came out. The nurses around us looked at me, their eyes read, sorry, we tried.

"No-no. She's not dead!" I screamed, shaking my head vigorously to the point that it would fall off. The overwhelming feeling was killing me internally. My best friend is gone.

"Violet," Taehyung gulped down the lump in his throat as he approached me.

My lips were trembling, no, my whole body was objecting the truth, no. My head hurt from frowning too much. Tear after tear dropped to the bed sheet pathetically as I kneeled in front of my best friend. I held my chest as if there was someone clutching my lungs, squeezing it until all the oxygen were forced out.

How do I breathe?

"Soo-yah..." I breathed out, my voice cracking. I held her icy cold hand in mine. I don't recall how she felt lively anymore. Her eyes were closed, her fragile body lying flat, no response. What did I even expect? For her to jump up and tell me it's a prank?

I wish this was a prank.

But no, nothing. "P-Please tell me this is- this is not true," I begged. Taehyung was sobbing silently as he hung his head low.

"Tell me- this is not true."

Oh god, my best friend's soul is out of her body.