The Gordons in Quarantine

"I wonder how Alex and Conner are," Bob said one morning at breakfast.  

"I wonder about that a lot," Charlotte responded, her sad face coming out.  "I wonder how they're doing.  I wonder what they're doing.  I wonder if they wonder about me."

"I wonder if their food supply is suffering like ours."

"Bob," Charlotte chided a smile blooming onto her face, despite her previous sad mood. 

"Maybe we should try to contact them," Bob said, standing up to put his dishes in the sink.  Charlotte followed with her own and thought about his statement.  "I know we can't visit them, but a call wouldn't be breaking the law."

"Alright," Charlotte said.  The only reason she was hesitant is that her children had been getting onto her about calling them so much.  Even Conner. 

"Let's try Conner first," Bob said, reaching for his iPad and sitting down onto the couch.  "You know, same time zone and everything,"

The iPad loaded and loaded until Charlotte was sure Conner would never answer and then his and Bree's face popped up on the screen. 

"Conner!  Bree! It's so good to see you both!" she said. 

"Hey, mom! Hey, Bob!  How's it going there?" Conner asked.  

"Oh, you know, the regular quarantine stuff.  How are you two?" 

"We're great!  Guess who's with us?"

"Who?"

"Hi, mom! Hi Bob!" Alex said, appearing on the screen right behind Conner with Arthur.  

"Alex! Arthur!" Bob said with Charlotte.  "What a surprise!"

"Yeah," Alex said with a glowing smile as she sent Arthur a glance.

"What was that glance about?" Charlotte asked in her 'mom' voice. 

"Well, since you're sitting, I guess we'll tell you," Arthur said, giving Alex a nod.  

"Okay, mom, so, don't freak out, okay?"

"I'm not freaking out,"

"I'm pregnant." Alex deadpanned.

 "That's not how I would have done it," Conner muttered as Charlotte went berzerk. 

"Pregnant?!? Okay, I'm freaking out now!  That's awesome, sweetheart!" Charlotte was in hysterics as she stood up from the couch and started happy dancing.  

"That's great, honey," Bob said as Charlotte was singing 'I'm gonna be a Grandma' over and over again as she danced around the room.  

Once Charlotte was done happy dancing, she came and sat down again.  "How far along are you?" she asked excitedly. 

"Two months," Alex said, beaming.  

"Seven months and I'm going to be a Grandma!" Charlotte was clearly elated.  

"We are a disappointment to my mother since we aren't having a child, Bree," Conner said, nudging Bree.  

"I already said we're waiting until after I publish my fifth book," Bree responded. 

"But you've only published three!"

"With a fourth being reviewed as we speak," she reminded him. 

Conner pouted.  

________________________________________________________________________________

"Well, it was so great to talk to you guys and get the amazing news!" Charlotte said and closed the screen. 

"See, it was worth it," Bob said.

"Definitely," Charlotte said and smiled.