Conneree In Quarantine

Conner sat in the living room, typing away on his laptop.  He was in the middle of writing his third book and was way ahead of the deadline because of Covid-19.  

"Conner, where is my laptop?" Conner's wife Bree asked as she walked into the flat's small living room.  "Are you using my laptop again?"

"No?" Conner asked teasingly, clutching the open laptop closer to his chest. 

"Give it back!" Bree said jokingly like a three-year-old, stamping her foot on the ground. 

"No! It's mine!" Conner responded in his own winy voice.  

"Please," Bree said in her normal voice, sitting on the loveseat next to him.  

"No," Conner said in his normal voice which still sounding oddly like a toddler. 

"Come on, you have your own," Bree said, snuggling herself up next to Conner as he tried to keep the laptop away from her.  When he saw that she was just laying down, he relaxed and rested his head against hers.  

Bree looked at the screen and saw he was writing the part about Alec meeting Becky.  

"So, you've already introduced me, I see," she noticed. 

"Yep.  It's really not that hard to write Alec's emotions as I still feel them." Conner said. 

"I wish you would go back to being afraid of sappiness," Bree said, smiling at his words despite her own.  

"I never was afraid of it, merely scared of its effects," Conner said confidently. 

"But you're not scared of this, right?" Bree asked and kissed him on the lips.  

Conner blushed. "Nope, not at all," he muttered quietly. 

"Well, I'm not either, so that's good," Bree said, pretending to ignore Conner's cute blush. 

"You know what I am scared of?" Conner asked. 

"What?"

"This pandemic.  It's really taking everything by storm.  At first, I thought it would never touch our corner of the woods, but here we are, quarantined!" Conner exclaimed, frustrated. 

"It's not that bad," Bree said soothingly, snuggling closer to him. "Not when I have you to keep me company,"

"When did you get so sappy?"

"Being around you so much,"

"That's true, we have been cooped up for a week and a half, I probably do start to rub off,"

"Sure, whatever," Bree said and leaned up to kiss him.  He returned it and then went back to writing with Bree next to him.  

________________________________________________________________________________

"We don't have any milk!" Conner shouted from the kitchen.  

"I just bought some....last week," Bree shouted back deflatedly. 

"How am I supposed to have cereal?" Conner now was agitated. 

"With no milk, duh!"

"You can't call it cereal then!"

"Then don't call it cereal, that's not my fault!"

"But I have not one else to blame it on!"

"Blame it on the invisible dog!"

"Bad dog!  We have no milk and it's you're fault!"

________________________________________________________________________________

"What do you want to watch?" Bree asked Conner. 

"Something we haven't seen," he responded. 

"We've seen almost everything on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu!" Bree said quietly as she flipped through the shows on Netflix.  Conner and Bree were sitting on the couch next to each other trying to enjoy a movie night.  But, they had nothing to watch. 

"High School Musical?"

"Again?"

"You can never watch it enough times," Conner said and pulled up the first one. He pressed play and he and Bree lay there, rewatching High School Musical for the third time during their quarantine. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, they woke up on the couch, tangled in the blankets. 

"Ughh," Bree moaned as she sat up. 

"Ugh's right, Bree," Conner said, sitting up, on the hard couch.  "Which one did you fall asleep during?"

"The first one,"

"Really, but the second one's soo good!"

"I made it to the start of the third one last time!"

"True,"

Bree stood up and cracked her back.  "What are we having for breakfast?"

"Not cereal," Conner said dejectedly. 

"Fine, I'll get it winy-pants," Bree said as she went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Not as good as cereal, but it's okay," Conner said as he was handed a plate of eggs, bagels, and bacon. 

"Be thankful," Bree chided. 

"Alright, I shall be thankful," Conner said teasingly and nudged her. She nudged him back and they did that a few more times until they set their plates down as not to knock the other's food of the plate.  Conner nudged Bree a little harder than he expected and landed on top of her. 

(A/N: Please don't be mad at me, but I was tempted to write, 'This looks familiar,' as Bree's next line. I'm terribly sorry for my existence.)

Bree kissed him and then sat up abruptly. "I'm hungry," she said as an explanation as she grabbed her plate of food from the coffee table and started eating. 

"Sure," Conner said dejectedly and reached for his plate of food. 

"I am," she said. 

"Fine,"

Bree leaned over and kissed him, only meaning for one but Conner pulled her closer and continued to kiss her.  Bree set her plate of food down and stopped resisting.  The stress of quarantine had gotten to the both of them and finally having 'them' time was stress relieving. 

After a while of just enjoying each other's company, they finally ate their breakfast.  They just sat together, bickering once and a while, but still, enjoying one another's company. 

"We still have no cereal!"