Chapter One

Sanem plopped down in the chair, with a heavy sigh. She flipped off her shoes, what a relief she thought, she felt like they had grown to her feet. This tour had been long and exhausting. Four cities in six days, that was almost to much. Though Spain was beautiful, she was homesick for her Istanbul. There was really no place like home. She was ready for her  PJ's and good cup of  tea, but the tea would have to wait until she got home. The tea they had here had left so much to be desired. Next time she would pack her tea and her kettle and make it herself. It looked like a glass of wine would be her drink for the evening, but just one, it did have an effect on her. She shuffled around, getting comfortable for the night, she ordered room service and turned on some music. A soft and soothing song to relax by, while she waited for her dinner. The ringing of her phone made her jump, she picked up her phone seeing it was Pinar. Now what, she thought  "Hello Pinar, how are you." She said.  " Hello Sanem, get ready we are going out."  I know a great place for dinner." She demanded.  Sanem threw her head back, and rolled her eyes. No, no ,no, that's the last thing she wanted. " Pinar, I'm already dressed for bed and ordered my food, so no, I'm not going out." She stated. With much debate Sanem won the argument and Pinar withdrew her invitation. A friend of hers had wanted to show them the sights, but the thought of wandering around the town tonight just wasn't what she had in mind. 

They were going to spend a couple of days here in Malaga, so she had time to see the sights later. It would give her time to rest, and recharge, before she had to travel again. The next stop was in Morocco, Rabat to be exact. She had heard it was a gorgeous place and she was anxious to visit. The sea front cities were so beautiful and full of life, but they made her long for home and her family. Kai had headed home after the signing, leaving Sanem and Pinar an their own for the last stop on the tour. Then it would be time to travel home. She hadn't been home in 2 months and she was ready. The farm was her sanctuary, her place of calm, to breath and be herself. It made her feel safe. She had mended her broken relationship with her family, but she remained at the farm with Mihriban and Mr. Aziz. In her heart she felt close to Can if she was near Mr. Aziz. The couple was living their dream, after all these years, they were happy and content. Sanem knew that Can stayed in close contact with his father, that made her feel better and relieved to know. Mr. Aziz even made sure he kept her informed of the really important things about Can that they hadn't revealed to each other in their texts. 

She knew Can was somewhere in Spain, but the exact location was unknown. He had moved around a bit so she never knew. But her mind was always thinking about him, and what he was doing. There hadn't been a text from him in a while, but she felt there would be soon, they barely went a couple of months without some sort of contact. Sometimes Can would give his father a message to give to her, but there was always something.. The decision she had made to continue on with her own life felt like the right thing at the time, but over time she had regretted it. It seemed they were always denied their happiness at every turn. They let so many obstacles stand in their way, and for what. For one she was too stubborn for her own good, and she hated to admit she was wrong, but more than that, she was afraid of the hurt that came with their love.  Over the years she had put up these barriers to protect herself from the pain of loving him, his rejection of her and his leaving caused her such deep pain that it was hard to cope. But she had taken responsibility for her share of their troubles, she had forgiven herself and him. Would they ever be able to set aside the hurt and pain and move forward. This love was a once in a life time love, she knew for a fact there would be no one else for her, he was her heart and soul forever. So why did they have to suffer so, that was a question that haunted her.

The dreaming of him was interrupted by a knock on her door, it must be room service, she thought. They brought her food and it looked delicious, she loved to eat but wasn't a fan of eating alone. She always hated it, it was almost like a phobia, and she had to do quite often now but she still wasn't use to it. Just one more thing to remind her of Can, and their fondness of celebrating each hurdle in their relationship with food. He was such a fabulous cook, but that was something she lacked the talent for, making her have to work harder at it and that make her feel inadequate. She set up the table with all the beautiful dishes, she even brought the flowers over and set them in the middle to decorate. That did make her feel better, but it was still eating alone. But this time it was her choice, she did get an invitation out and turned it down, so she had know one to blame but herself.

She just wanted to sit, relax and think, just knowing she was in the same country as him, could almost make her shudder. She wondered what he was doing, was he working, maybe not. He probably didn't have to. Wouldn't it be a hoot if he was here in Malaga, and they ran into each other. How crazy would that be. It would almost be a sign, a declaration of fate, something meant to be. She laughed, things like that only happen in movies, and the movies that aren't very good, but wouldn't that be something. Her fantasy world could get real unpredictable at times, but she loved to dream about the " What Ifs" in her mind.. 

She devoured the food, there hadn't been anything there she didn't love. She stretched out on her bed to relax letting her mind drift, and the wine soothe her. The ping of her phone alerted her of  a text, she grabbed her phone. She bolted straight up from the bed.

A text from Can.....her eyes were wide in disbelief.

" Hi, hope your doing well. I'm fine, just settled in a port town in Spain. So proud of you and the release of you 3rd book, I knew you could do it. Maybe we could talk soon, or maybe get together. I miss you.....

Her heart beat so hard it shook her and she couldn't control her breathing. 

Is this that sign of fate, is this that, "meant to be " moment............