Search-Sugawara Koushi x OC (Soulmate AU!)

(This Soulmate AU is the red string AU. Everyone does it a little different, but you'll see how I do it in the story.)

~•Third Person•~

   Yoshino hasn't met her soulmate yet. Granted, she hasn't searched for them, and if they've searched for her, they've done a shitty job of it.

   Yoshino doesn't think that her red string ties to anyone else. Yet, the string wraps around her pinky and doesn't come off, no matter how hard she pulls.

   Sometimes, her soulmate pulls back. It's only ever one or two small ones, but they're still pulls.

   Sometimes, Yoshino wonders about her soulmate. She wonders what they're gender is, what they look like, how their voice sounds. She doesn't usually care for it—she'll find them soon, right?

   She's never been dead set of finding them. If Yoshino's being honest, she thinks love is kind of a waste of time. Looking at it from a business perspective, it did nothing really for her. She guesses that perspective came from her slightly overbearing parents, but the mindset is still there.

   Yoshino sighs. Right now, she's sitting in class, not even trying to pay attention to her Sensei. It's one of those moments where she wonders what her soulmate is like.

  Along with thinking about her soulmate, she's thinking about the next volleyball game. She doesn't usually go, but one of her closest friends asked her to go with him. Yoshino has nothing against the sport, she just doesn't go out of her way to watch it.

   Not too long after that thought, the bell rings. Yoshino gets up and walks out to find her friend, Kazuma. Once they find each other, they get in Kazuma's car and drive to the match.

***

   "Come on, Yoshi!" Kazuma yells. He's a big fan of the sport, and he has a friend on the team, too, so he wanted to be there to see him play.

   "I'm coming, give me a second!" Yoshino ran to catch up to her friend, who was walking too fast for Yoshino's liking.

   As she runs to catch up, she noticed the string around her pinky is pulled tight. They're here? Yoshino thinks.

   "Yoshi?" Kazuma asks. Yoshino looks up. "You okay?"

   "Oh," she says. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just...a little more excited."

   "Suga!" You heard from in front of you. A boy with grey hair turns to talk to a brunet. Both have on the volleyball uniforms. "What are you doing out here, the game's about to start."

   The boy with silver hair—Suga—looks at the string tied to his pinky before looking up at the brunet. "Nothing. I'm coming Asahi." The two walk back into the building. Yoshino can't help but stare at them.

   Kazuma puts a hand on Yoshino's shoulder. She jumps at the touch, shaking her back to reality.

   "You okay?" He asks, a little startled by the sudden jump.

    "I'm fine," Yoshino says. "I was just lost in thought. Let's go!"

***

   Yoshino finds herself staring at one of the boys on the court more often than she liked to admit. It was the silver haired boy on Karasuno's team. He wasn't actually playing the game, but he was actively cheering.

   He's pretty, in Yoshino's opinion, but that wasn't completely why she was staring at him.

   She follows her string, and from what she can tell, it leads to his pinky. Yoshino isn't completely sure, so she decides to test it.

   Yoshino wraps her ring finger around the thin red string and pulls. The boy looks at his hand smiles. He follows the string and stares at Yoshino. He wraps his fingers around the string and tugs.

      She finally found him.

      Her soulmate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/n: this is super fucking sHORT. It's cool tho.

Also, this is, like, one part. I'll do a Suga x Reader soon!

Anyway, love y'all! Hope you're doing well!

~Andie