XI. Christmas (Brings All Together)

So, I finally made a long one - my Christmas gift for you, guys. Thank you all for reading my story and Merry Christmas to all of you :).  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several days later

“Well, the doctor called and… I’m not pregnant.“ Kristen said as sitting on a couch next to me. “You‘re not?“ I asked, a little disappointed. “No, but I meant what I said… Rob, I am ready to start a family with you.“ She said with an honest smile full of excitement, waiting for my reaction. “If you want to.“ She added. Joy filled my heart, when I imagined what future is waiting for me. “I never dreamt of anything else.“ I smiled as my eyes started to water and kissed her, so she wouldn‘t notice. She started laughing against my lips – she did notice. “I‘m sorry, but I can‘t help it. This is all I ever wanted from life. You are everything I ever wanted from life. I’m just so happy.“ I said and let the tears run down my face. “I know.“ She said and kissed me softly.

Those soft kisses slowly turned into deep ones and without even knowing when and how, I was laying on my back on the floor next to a fireplace with Kristen on top of me, taking her shirt off. “We don’t have to start a family right now.“ I told her. “Practice never hurt anybody.“ She smirked and continued taking our clothes off.

“I forgot to tell you… We‘re invited to my mom‘s for Christmas. But we don’t have to go.“ Kristen said as we were laying next to the fireplace. She was wrapped in my arms, our naked bodies pressing against each other. “No, it sounds great.“ I responded. “And you‘re not going to London this year?“ She asked. “Just yesterday I called home and they were cool with it. They also invited us to London to celebrate the New Year. But we don’t have to go.“ I said. “No, it sounds great.“ She said, giggling.

---------------

Christmas was six weeks away and I wanted to give Kristen the perfect gift. When I asked her, what she wants, she told me to sing her a song. So, I had a better idea. I decided to record her an album full of songs, that represent my love for her. I wrote a few songs, while we were still together and a few more, when we were not.  I also rerecorded the Bella‘s Lullaby and her favourite ‘Madame George‘ from Van Morrison. I also bought her a golden necklace, where was engraved: “You are my EVERYTHING“, which was also the name of the album.

----------------

On Christmas Day morning I woke up really early, so I got up, made pancakes and ate a few for breakfast. I put Kristen‘s plate on a kitchen counter, right next to a beautiful gingerbread house she made.

Kristen was sitting in the kitchen, eating her pancakes, when I got home after a walk with our dogs. “Good morning, sweetie.“ I said as kissing her cheek. “Morning, babe. Thank you for this. It‘s so delicious.“ She said and took another huge bite. “You finish eating your breakfast and I’m gonna start wrapping our gift for your family.“ I smiled and kissed her on lips.

After we finished wrapping, we went to watch ‘Love Actually‘ to the living room.

 “I think we nailed decorating our tree.“ She laughed, after the movie ended. “Yeah, I do too.“ I said. The tree was pretty perfect. It shone with all colors and it looked like it was from some movie. Kristen also decorated the entire house and it looked so beautiful and so… Christmas-y. She always had that Christmas spirit.

------------------

“I hope we didn‘t forget someone.“ Kristen said as we were loading the gifts to the back seats of our car. We were taking all of our dogs with us, so there was no spare space in the trunk. “Hope not.“ I said. She gave me a face full of panic, which made me laugh. “Relax, we didn‘t.“ I said, before kissing her forehead. I opened the passenger door for her and closed it after she got in.