IV. Home

Rob’s P.O.V.

I was watching TV in the living room, when I heard the door bell ring. She‘s here, Ithought all excited to see her again, while running to the door. I was wearing my favourite checkered  flanel shirt, white T-shirt and dark blue pants. When I opened the door and saw Kristen wearing a checkered flanel shirt, white T-shirt and dark blue jeans, I couldn‘t help it and bursted out laughing. She started laughing hard too, as checking me out from head to toe.

“Hey.“ She smiled widely and stepped inside while reaching her hands for me, after we were done laughing. “Hey.“ I responded, while hugging her tightly. Her lavander scent made me feel like home. She made me feel like home. But not like the house you live in. Home, like the one that you‘re looking for your whole life. The one that‘s not easy to find - your true home.                                         

I’ve always wondered what my home should look like, scent like, feel like. Then I met Kristen… and I just knew.

Since our break up I haven‘t feel like home anywhere, with anyone. Until now…

It was somehow euforic . I wanted the hug to last forever, but after a while Kristen gently pulled away from me. “So… How‘s it going?“ She asked with a crooked smile on her face. “Good. You?“ I asked as closing the door. “Same.“ She answered.

“Where‘re the dogs?“ She asked and look at me the same way as in the Breaking Dawn Part 2, when Bella was excited to see Renesmée for the first time. I laughed at how adorable she looked, before taking her by her hand to the backyard.                                                                                                  

“Hey guys. I missed you so much.“ She got down on her knees as all the dogs came running to her. I just stood by the door watching them greeting each other in the most cutest way.

“And how‘s Thali?“ She asked, while looking down on the floor, as we walked to the kitchen with the dogs behind us. “That‘s a part of what I want to talk to you about. I’ll get to it.“ I said while taking beers from the fridge.

“The thing is…“ I started as we sat on a couch. “You‘re my best friend and I need you. When something happens to me, you‘re the only person I wanna tell it to. And like a week ago… I said something, when I was doing something with someone and I know it‘s really weird to tell you that, but I just need to, because it‘s about you too. Please can I tell you?“ I asked, thinking about how do I put it.

“Of course.“ She replied and gave me a slight smile. “Okay… you don’t have to know what we were doing in that moment, but Thali said she loved me and… I said “I love you too, Kristen.“ I looked at her, waiting for her to react somehow. I was scared to death, that she doesn‘t feel the same way, because I can‘t live without her. I tried… so many times, but… It‘s like trying to live without oxygen. It‘s bareable for a while, but sooner or later your body refuses to keep going without it.

Almost unvisible smile appeared on Kristen‘s face, but within a few seconds fear and confusion filled her eyes. She looked at me with her eyes wattered, looking really scared, before grabbing her phone and running away.