1. Can't believe I agreed

Hi there, welcome to the first chapter of this book! I can't wait to hear your reactions. But first I wanted to let you guys know that I am in no way a professional writer and that English isn't my native language. So I apologise if I sometimes switch between British writing & American writing. Now that I said that, have fun reading!

"No."

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"I mean 'no', you want to hear it in Spanish? Noh!"

"Oh, come on Autumn. I need you there."

See, this always happens. My best friend always asks me to come to a party and as soon as we walk in, he just leaves me. Happens every single time.

"For the last time Brad, no. I don't want to go to a stupid party. I'd rather just sit at home and watch a sappy rom-com." I say, hoping he will just drop the subject. But alas.

"Please Autumn. I won't leave you, ok. I solemnly swear I will stay by your side at all times." he says while holding up two fingers like he's taking an oath.

"You say that every time. So why should I start believing you now?" I say while giving him a side glance. He brings his hand to his chin to indicate that he's thinking about something.

"Yeah, my mind is blank right now. Look, I know that I haven't been a good friend whenever we go to a party, but please. I really need you tonight. Connor invited Olivia and she apparently decided that it was a good idea to invite Mia. And you know that as soon as Mia sees me, she won't leave me alone. But if you're there with me, she'll leave me alone because she's still scared of you. By the way, I still don't know how you managed to not get punished for that prank." He says while looking straight at me. "Anyway, I really, really need you there." he pleads.

"Oh, now I get it. You just want to use me so Mia will leave you alone. Great, you really know how to make a girl feel wanted. Thanks for that." I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes. Something I apparently do quite often, I'm just not aware of it.

But I do understand where he's coming from. Mia has been obsessed with Brad for over a year now. Don't ask me why.

Ok, he's easy on the eyes, I'll give him that. But I've never seen him as more than a friend. We instantly became friends after he moved in next doors 12 years ago. The British accent is what drew me to him in the first place. The older we got, the closer we grew. At one point, our moms even thought we were dating. They just wouldn't believe us when we said nothing was going on.

They only started believing us after brad's mom, Vanessa, literally walked in on Brad and his now ex-girlfriend making out. Awkward, I know, but when Brad told me what happened, I just couldn't stop laughing. I literally laughed my ass off.

When you tell me something like that, you know that I'm not going to stop talking about it and bring it up every time I see fit. So that's what I did. Multiple times. Per day. For a couple of months. To say Brad was angry with me, is an understatement.

"Ok, sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.". At least he realises how wrong his words sound. But I'm still not giving in. One, I know out of experience how these parties go. Two, I have an early class tomorrow and I really need all the sleep I can get. I am, in absolutely no way, a morning person. And if I don't sleep at least 8 hours, it's a lot worse.

"Please, Autumn. Tell me what I have to do to make you come with me." He pleads. He really wasn't going to give up.

"Stop it, Brad. I'm not going."

"I'll buy you lunch."

"No."

"I'll buy you lunch AND dinner."