14. We can talk for a hundred miles

8:03 AM

That is what my alarm clock says when I wake up. Why am I awake so early? It's Saturday. I'm supposed to sleep in. My weekends are about sleeping in. This does not look like sleeping in at all.

Anyway, I could try to sleep a little bit more... Or I could get up now and take a nice relaxing bath. Big decision. Chances of me falling asleep again are slim so I decide to get up and take a nice and relaxing bath.

When I get up, I don't see Koda anywhere. The door to my parents their room is closed so that means they're still asleep.

I go downstairs, in the hope of finding Koda there. And I'm right. He's sitting by the backdoor. That is usually his way of saying that he needs to go potty.

So I open the backdoor for him. And while he's doing his business, I fill his food bowl. That way he can eat breakfast when he's done.

After that I go back upstairs, into the bathroom and start running a hot bath. A few weeks ago I bought a bath bomb so I decide to use that today.

Whilst I'm laying in bath, I think about yesterday. Charlie and me had a lot of fun while baking, and mostly eating. The subject of me and Brad hanging out wasn't discussed any further. Which I was very happy about.

Charlie stayed for dinner but then went home so she could get a good night's rest before her father-daughter trip this weekend.

Anyway, today Brad and me are hanging out. I have no idea what we are going to do. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

After relaxing in the bath for about 30 minutes, my fingers are starting to get wrinkly. So it's time to wash my hair and body.

A few hours later, after my morning routine and breakfast with my parents, I go back upstairs. I'm about to text Brad, asking when and where we're hanging out, when I hear a noice near my window.

I turn around and look. I see a mop of brown hair crawling through my window.

"You know I have a front door, right?"

"I know, but this is way more fun." Brad sticks his tongue out. I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh shush, you've done it too!" Now it is my turn to stick my tongue out.

Oh how I missed this. Our banter and fun times together.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Well, my parents are out of town this weekend and since my sister is staying over at a friends house, I have to take care of Jesse. So I thought you could bring Koda and we could go to the park."

"Wow, so exciting!" I roll my eyes.

"Oh stop being sarcastic. We could still have fun after that. The day is not over yet."

So that is what we're doing. I grab Koda and we both leave, this time using my front door. We go over to his house. While he's getting Jesse, I look at the pictures in the hallway.

So many great memories in this house and with his family. My eyes stay focused on a picture of me, Brad and his sister outside of the lake house we rent every year during the summer.

Beside that one is another picture of me and Brad. Brad is carrying my on his back, my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his shoulders. We're both laughing very hard. I remember this moment like it was yesterday.

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "You ready?"

"Yeah, let's go."

After a short walk to the nearest park, we go to the area where dogs can roam around freely, without a leash. We let the dogs play with each other while we sit on a bench.