10. Blondie over here can't find her keys

During the night, I was awoken a couple of times due the Charlie's heavy snoring. I give up on trying to sleep when I see that it's 8.30am. Sitting up in my bed, I see that my companion is still fast asleep.

She looks so peaceful that I don't want to wake her up. Plus that would be quite rude, to be honest. I decide to grab my phone off of my bedside table. The bright light scares me and I quickly turn down the brightness.

I don't have a lot of notifications, just some school related e-mails and some messages from Brad.

B: 'Oh shush, nothing like what you're thinking about happened.
Not yet at least ;-)'

B: 'Anyways, what are you up to?'

B: 'Can I come over? I'm bored...'

I'm about to reply when I feel the bed dip. Looking to my side I see Charlie turning around. My mind immediately thinks she is awake but no. Apparently she just wanted to change positions because as soon as she lays still again, soft snoring escapes her lips.

So I decide to focus back on my phone and send Brad a reply.

A: 'Haha, as if you would ever get a girl in bed after one date. Keep on dreaming ;-p'

A: 'As for your other message, I was watching movies with Charlie. She's sleeping over this weekend.'

Not soon after I hit send on the last message, I see three dots appearing which indicates that he's typing.

B: 'So it was probably a good decision to not sneak through your window. Btw why are you up so early? Aren't your sleep-in weekends heavenly to you?'

He only replies to my last question. I was sure he would've defended his "skills" as he would've put it.

A: 'If you did, you would've opened a conversation I tried so hard to get shut down. Could ask you the same thing, btw! Honestly barely slept this night because Charlie SNORES even more than you!'

B: 'I do NOT snore! And I'm up because I'm going over to James' for a project. Also what conversation?'

He says he doesn't snore. Yeah sure, pfff. Liar!

A: 'So Charlie has got it into her head that we have feelings for each other. Crazy right? Hahaha!'

It takes a few seconds before three dots come back up. And as soon as they come up, they disappear. Weird. After a few more seconds he replied.

B: 'Yeah crazy'

I don't know why but I sensed that he doesn't want to talk about it. I mean his reply is kind of short, no sarcasm like usual. I quickly decide to change the topic by asking him what his project with James is.

B: 'Nothing big, we just have to write a song for a fictional movie.'

A: 'Ooh sounds cool! Can't wait to hear it.'

B: 'You'll have to wait till it's finished! Anyways I'm gonna get ready, ttyl :-D'

I send 'bye' back and then decide to scroll through Instagram. Since nothing interesting is posted by anyone, I close the app and open Twitter to scroll through there a bit.

"Can you shut your phone? Your constant tapping woke up." A sleepy voice next to me says. Turns out Charlie is up. Thanks to me.

"Well good morning to you too sunshine." I reply with a small laugh. Just like she asked, I lock my phone and put it back on my bedside table. Meanwhile Charlie decides to sit up.

"What time is it?" She asks and I look at my clock on my bedside table.

"9am."

"Too early." is all she replies and I laugh at her response.