hour seven-in which a film shows Lewis that nativities can be different

"I don't like nativities." Lewis says. Henry rolls his eyes.

"I knew you'd say that." Henry says.

"No you didn't." Lewis argues.

"Shut up and watch the film."

The film has been on for about ten minutes and Lewis thinks its not all that great so far. Also, it's all about nativities too and Lewis doesn't really see the point in putting on a nativity every year. Everyone knows the story and anyway, parents only go to see their children.

"Just wait until the end, Lewis." Henry says, trying to make him watch. "You'll find out how good nativities can be soon enough." Lewis personally doesn't see how nativities can be really good. Pretty much every school who believes in it around the world puts one on every year. He doesn't see how a film about one can make them any better. Although, Lewis has to admit, the teacher's assistant, Mr Poppy, is pretty funny even though Lewis is sure that he will probably be really annoyed by him by the end of this film. Henry is engrossed in the film, laughing at even the not so funny parts (not that there's many of them).

Soon, Lewis also become engrossed in the film even though he tells himself it's not all that great but those little kids are too cute. Some of the plans that they have for this nativity are a bit crazy, I mean, a death slide? Really? Hollywood coming to one of the many nativities in that one place? Seriously? Some of it is laughable but Lewis is too busy enjoying the film (even though he won't admit it) to be sarcastic about it.

Henry keeps glancing over at Lewis to try and get a response of the film. He once catches Lewis laughing at the film and Henry smiles. Lewis doesn't notice the happy look in Henry's face. Henry is pleased that Lewis is enjoying the film. He wonders whether or not to film his expression to prove that Lewis was enjoying the film. He decides against it.

It is nearing seven before the film finishes. "So, what do you think?" Henry asks as he takes out the DVD.
"It was okay." Lewis answers.
"I saw your face. You loved it." Henry says, putting the DVD away on the rack.
"It was alright." Lewis insists.
"Would you watch another Christmas film?"
"No."
"Not even the second film?"
"Maybe."
"So I have kind of convinced you that Christmas films are okay?"
"Maybe."
"What about nativities?"
"What about them?"
"Do toy know see that they can be different?"
"Well, not every school can afford to put on a show that big. I mean, it was good and all but seriously? There's no way that can happen in real life."
"You never know."
"It's never gonna happen."
"How do you know?"
"I just know."
"Okay."

Henry goes towards the presents and starts to put them into a carrier bag. Lewis gets up to help him. "Just like Christmas, you can make nativities your own."
"Why are you so obsessed with me liking nativities."
"I'm not, I'm just helping you like Christmas."
"If I told you I like Christmas would you let me go home."
"You'd have to prove it to me first."
"How?"
"I'll know whether you like it or not by how you act. And I can tell when you're pretending."
"How?"
"Not telling."
"Okay, so maybe I don't like Christmas all that much still."
"Thought so."
"Can I just go home now?"
"You need to eat before you go. Everyone will have eaten by now anyway."
"It is pretty late."
"I'll get you some food. Stay here. What would you like?"
"What have you got?"
"Pizza sound good?"
"Sure."

By seven 'o' clock their food was ready and they started eating.