hour eight-in which they put up Christmas decorations

They finish their food about ten minutes later. Lewis realises as he looks around the place that there aren't many Christmas decorations.

"Where are your Christmas decorations?" Lewis asks.
"I thought you didn't like Christmas."
"I just noticed that you didn't have any up and I know you like Christmas."
"Thanks for noticing. I can't put them up by myself and my parents have been away."
"You need to put them up soon. It is Christmas Eve."
"Like I said, I can't put them up alone."
"Well, let me help you."
"Why are you so eager to help? I thought you wanted to go home?"
"Do you want the decoration up or not?"

It takes them fifteen minutes to find the decorations and get them out. Together they carry the large boxes into the living room which is the place they are going to start with. The boxes are labeled with the rooms the decorations are for. Lewis finds the living room box and starts pulling things out. Lewis has to admit: some of the decorations are pretty cool.

"Where did you get some of this stuff from?"
"My mum and dad go to America quite a bit and they get most of our decorations from there."

"Are they away a lot?"
"Not too much. My grandparents always come around if they're away."
"They aren't here now."
"They're coming tomorrow. My parents only left today." Lewis looks around the all too empty house. He knows Henry is lying.
"They aren't coming, are they?" Lewis says. Henry doesn't look at him and Lewis gets his answer from that. "Your parents have been away for a few days now, haven't they?"
"Maybe."
"Don't worry, who am I going to tell?" Lewis says.
"It's not that. It's just...they always promise they'll be home for Christmas and every year they get called away to some country or other for a business meeting."
"Why don't you tell them that you are unhappy?"
"They probably wouldn't listen." Lewis is starting to see another side to Henry.
"Have you tried talking to them?"
"Yes. They didn't listen." Lewis starts formulating an idea in his head.

There is a moments silence after Henry finishes speaking. "Right, we'd best get these decorations up." He says. They share out the decorations and start to put them up. They find the Christmas tree box and together they manage to put it together. Henry starts to decorate the rest of the room while Lewis decorates the tree. When he's done, Henry fishes out the star and places it on the top branch.

Satisfied with the living room they start on the rest of the house, trying to make it as festive as possible. The only rooms left bare were Henry's parent's room, the three bathrooms and the utility room. The rest of the house was completely decorated from head to toe. The only decoration left was the outdoor lights but neither of them wanted to risk putting them up without knowing how to do it.

It was almost eight when they finally sat back down again. "The rooms look so much better now." Henry says. "They've never looked so good."
"It's all down to you."
"Maybe it's your natural ability for putting Christmas decorations up. It's probably telling you something."
"What? That I should like Christmas? You know it doesn't happen like that."
"Okay, okay, whatever you say."
"I can't change an opinion that has lasted years in a few hours. It just doesn't work like that."
"Hmmm...it might do."
"It doesn't."
"If you're so sure."
"I'm sure."
"Merry Christmas Eve."
"It's not over yet. Unfortunately."
"I'll say it anyway."
"Okay."