"She obviously doesn't want to go anywhere. You should leave without her." Ajoke suggested and walked into the bathroom.

Her words made Hala's eyes flutter open. She gritted her teeth and got down from the bed. "That girl is really tasting my patience."

"Just ignore her." Sister Hauwa chimed in.

"I will for now," she scoffed. "But the next time she provokes me, I won't let it slide."

I heaved a sigh. "I will be in room 17 When you're ready to leave, meet me there, so we can leave."

I did not wait for her response, before walking out of the room and heading straight to Farida's.

When I got to the room, I met her seated on the foot of the bunk, feasting on a plate of noodles. She was already dressed in a black jallabiya. "Mannie!" She patted the space next to her. "Come in and join me."

I walked into the room and greeted the girl, sitting on the upper bed.

"I thought you'd still be asleep by now." I voiced; taking a seat on her bed.

"I woke up early." She responded, with a full mouth. "I know you haven't had breakfast, have you?"

"I haven't." I admitted. "I was in a hurry."

"I have indomie. Let me -"

I scrunched my face in disgust. "I'm not eating cold noodles."

"It's not that cold. I can heat it -"

"No, thanks, Rierie. I'm good. I'll eat when I return. I'm going." I stood to leave.

She shrugged. "Alright then. Let me walk you to the gate."

Immediately we stepped out of the room, Hala came rushing towards me. "Amiga! Thank God I made it just in time." She smiled and intertwined her arm in mine.

"I was about to leave without you." I remarked, jocularly.

"You wouldn't do that." She sneered.

Farida cleared her throat and whispered to me. "Who's she?"

"She's -"

"Hold on, Amiga, I can speak, you know. I will introduce myself."

I shrugged. "Go ahead then."

"Hi," she extended her hand for a handshake. "I'm Hala, Manal's bunkie, slash course mate, slash best friend."

Farida chortled at her last two words. She hesitated, before taking her outstretched hand. "Farida." She simply responded and began to walk away.

"Hey! Wait for us, will you?" I yelled after the queen of attitude.

"Then you better hurry up." She stated, whilst still walking. "You're going to be late."

"Who is she to you?" Hala nudged me.

"She's my childhood friend." I responded. I wanted to tell her she was not only my childhood friend, but my best friend as well, but I gathered it was of no use and besides, it wasn't the right time to chitchat.

"Wow! Childhood friend? She acts more like your mother." She commented.

I smiled at the comment. Indeed she was right: Farida tended to be overprotective of me at times. I considered her more of a sister, than a friend.

I increased my pace and fortunately, I was able to catch up with her. I threw my arm over her shoulders. We could easily pass for twins: our heights were the same, but I was a tad slimmer. "What's up with you?"