Aelia looked between the both of them, stressed, sad, confused. Her emotions were taking a turn for the worse, the man she woke up to was on his knees asking to be married while the girl that broke her heart somehow showed up out of the blue. Aelia groaned and stormed off stage

"Aelia wait!" Justin yelled, his voice was drifted of into fading whispers as Aelia ran past the crew, her hands gripped a nearby sweater as she ran with it

Her feet took control and the girl sped out of the building through the exist, no one was in sight. She pulled the grey sweater over her body as her skin met the cold temperatures of the outside. The warmth of the coffee shop was gone as her blood felt as if it froze in her veins.

"What the fuck just happened" Aelia whispered.

Her brain still couldn't function properly, the girl she loved just appeared out of no nowhere and crashed her mind.

"What the hell is she doing here" Aelia muttered

Aelia's anger was nothing but a shield for pain, like a cornered soldier randomly throwing out grenades, scared for his life, lonely, desperate. She breathed in real slow as her feet made their way through the dark alley.

In the alleyway, she could stretch her arms and touch the homes on both sides, the walls built so very long ago. They weren't the straight perfection of the modern buildings in the newer areas, but each curve and flaw rendered them more beautiful still.

Aelia hoped no one ever saw the pain in her eyes. It's been there for what felt like a life time, trapped in the confusion that everyone carry. Behind her eyes hid love. The love she would have given if it weren't for the scars.

She knew how what love is, she knew how to love. But she was never the same after Luna left.

There is so much of Aelia's life that was a hell for her soul, but she stayed there from strength rather than weakness she knew.

Emotional pain has a biological purpose, to teach, to educate us away from unhealthy patterns and relationships.

Aelia's had been pushing back against pain for so long, medicating with friendship, with romantic notions, yet it returned in my weaker moments, more specifically when she was most emotional on stage.

She just had to get out of that place as soon as possible, Luna's face was making her feel suffocated. Mixed emotions ran through her body. Aelia's heart sped up at the thought of the girl but the familiar wounds felt like it was ripped open once again.

Emotional pain leaves invisible scars, yet they can be traced by the most gentle of touch. Sometimes, like a wound must be opened to be healed; other times a well meaning person may seek to heal what should be left alone. If it can be ignored and a normal happy life resumed, isn't it kinder to have faith in the natural healing process? 

Aelia's hands gripped the balcony of an abandoned building she stood on, her body leaned over the dark and empty alley way of the night, not a street light in view. The cold ran through her veins and she exhaled deeply.

Why now? Why now off all time? She was finally happy, finally in a good mindset. Aelia had moved on from the girl that broke her, right?

Why would she decide to show up now?

"Aelia-" a voice came from behind, the girl flinched and her ankle bent to the side as her body fell into the balcony

"Whoa I'm sorry, didn't mean to startle you" Luna chuckled

Aelia's eyes bored through the girl's. Her eyes were the deepest shade of the richest earth and they speak of how she belonged. Her eyes shone with the love that was within, the same love that spread throughout the black expanse of confusing yet amazing universe. But her jet black eyes then faded into green.