Chapter 6

The blur in his mind began to recede as consciousness slowly came back to Y/n sitting up like a Zombie in a George a Romero flick. He rubbed his eyes, the back of his head sore and throbbing with pain. He saw Sawyer and Rock playing chess in the middle of the room and from the looks of it he was losing. Sawyer noticed him rise and put her voice box to her neck.

Sawyer: "Sleeping Beauty is awake"

The monotone voice reminded him of Hal 9000 from 2001 a space odyssey which disturbed him to his core. Rock looked to Y/n and said one notedly.

Rock: "You've been out the whole way there. Don't worry their gone now and going back"

Rock was clearly thinking about his next move more than sounding genuine. Y/n pulled himself from the bed and walked outta the room into the bridge section. Dutch looked back and saw him shuffling to the front window. Y/n muttered kindly and depressed at the same time.

Y/n: "Its not your fault its mine I was born,"

He paused checking his holster, the 45 magnum was still there.

Y/n: "But I've still got plenty to live for soo screw them I hope they piss off the Yakuza"

He watched the sea beyond as Revy tanned on the deck in a bikini. He smirked at the sight, he wouldn't give it up for anything else. Dutch smiled murmuring a 'yea' to Y/n who simply nodded.

Dutch: "Revy and Rock are going to tokyo in a few days If ya wanna join them it'll be fine in my book"

Y/n shook his head.

Y/n: "Naw it fine I'm perfectly fine with Roanapur even though it's issues"

Dutch chuckled finding the dry humor a perfect fit for him.

Dutch: "So how do you find Canada, mr chang said he be going down and asked for travel suggestions. What do you think?"

Y/n: "Turn left a greenland"

Benny could be heard laughing his ass of in his chair as Dutch alos laughed knowing dry wit was Y/n's strong suit.

Dutch: "I'll tell him, thanks"

A day later Y/n was drinking from a bottle of Pepsi as Balalaika showed him the theater she had just 'acquired' from a 'Friends' will. He had no idea why she wanted him here and hoped it was good and not lethal.

Balalaika: "As you see, The theater it slef is nothing special but Why I wanted you here is the archive. I want a opinion on the matter a fresh one"

Y/n nodded feeling somewhat better that he was here not to be killed and what not. Balalike lead him to the storage room opening the metal door. There were two long shelves the Held at least 30 films each. Y/n let out a whistle as he entered the room. At the end of the narrow room was a reel to reel recorder and player. There were three reels. All the films were labeled on the front and rim making it easy to find out which was which. He servayed the shelves and found films worth alot like an original cut of the original star wars trilogy which had been outta print since 95 it was 98. He pulled out the Ot and layed them on the table in front of Balalaika.

Y/n: "Thise are the original star wars trilogy which are now outta print. I recommend you sell them to someone  who's a fan who will pay top dollar. The rest is a very good catalog very diverse I just ask for one"

Balalaika adjusted herself taking a drag from a cigar. She knew he'd want one but surprised he didn't go for the star wars movies, what could it be?.

Balalaika: "And that will be.."

Y/n: "Akira from 88 directed by katsahiro otomo in Japanese with subtitles"

Balalaika found that choice odd she expected something else in English. She looked at the catalog as Y/n layed the case which held the 35mm negative in its original language.

Balalaika: "Alright but I'd like to see it before letting it go for free. Think you can set it up?"

Y/n nodded taking the film to the projector room.

He entered the lagoon office three hours later. Benny, Revy and Rock where surprised to see him alive and holding a film reel. Dutch knew he'd be fine and glad his intuition paid off. Y/n strode into the office laying the 33mm print on the coffee table. Rock read the title and felt a wave of nostalgia hit him like Revys fist.

Rock: "I remember that it was 88 and my friends took me to see it saying It'd blow my mind. It was worth it"

Revy: "never heard of it"

Benny: "Watched it on vhs in 89, the dub fucking sucked"

Dutch: "never had time"

Y/n only nodded not mentioning his time with Balalaika. He picked up the reel and walked to his bedroom placing it inside. Flopping onto the bed and scumming to sleep.

End of chapter