chapter 6

~DISCLAIMER; THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!!!~
After a half -hour drive they arrived at the avengers tower and headed as quickly as possible to Fury's office.They knocked and a heavy voice answered. Natasha opened the door slowly and all four of them sited.  There was an awful silence in the office as none of them knew what to say. They felt guilty that they were on vacation while the others were fighting for their lives. It was so harsh and especially for Natalia. She thought that this was her fault. That families were in pain now because she left hydra. For a moment the thought of going back to hydra occurred to her but she immediately pushed it out of her mind.
"As agent Rodgers informed you yesterday we were under attack. Fortunately we didn't have any victims but we're afraid that what we saw, it was just the first attack. I expect you to be ready to repel any attack at any time. Did I made myself clear."
"Crystal clear sir." Sam said
"Good. Dismissed."
The four of them made their way out of the office and Wanda tried to approach Natalia but she went to her room and locked the door. Wanda knocked but got no answer.
"Nat? Are you ok?" The young girl asked with a concerned tone
"Yes. I'll just have a bath and unpack. Don't worry about me. Okay?"
"Okay?" She replied and let out a sigh of relief.
Three quarters had passed and Natalia hadn't showed up. Wanda was a little concerned but didn't want to press her. She was suddenly interrupted from her thoughts by a concerned James.
"Do you know where Nat is?"
"She's in her room. Se told me that she would take a bath and unpack. But to be honest... she told me that forty five minutes ago." There was a long pause until Bucky answered.
"Ok don't worry I ll go talk to her."
He said and moved towards Natalia's room.He knocked lightly but got no answer. This time he knocked a little more persistent and gladly he got an answer but didn't exactly liked it. She had shouted to him to go away. He tried to get inside but the door was locked. He then used his left metallic arm and broke the knob but that was his smaller problem as he looked inside the room. A white dressed natalia was standing on the window sill. Her eyes were red and mascara was running on her cheeks.
"Go away. Go away. Go away." Every word was coming more and more muffled from her mouth." Go away and lock the door. Please..."
"You know I can't do this. Natalia. Get down and we can talk about it. I cant lose you again. You know it. Please. Please Natalia. I love you..."
"Don't say those words. Stop! Don't! Just don't."
"Come on. Come with me. You see? I'm closing the door. Now come."
"If you tell anyone about it I ll kill you on the spot." She said and got off the windowsill.
He immediately pulled her in a hug. It was so peaceful. He was smelling her hair. It smelled like cherry blossom. Like spring. He wanted so damn hard to freeze the time.To just stay like that forever but he knew that he simply couldn't. And that scared him. Not exactly that but the idea that he might lose her. Again.
"Don't do that again."
"Why do you care? It is not good to care about someone that has killed so many people. So many innocent people. And still get killed for him. For his goddamn sake."
"I'm one of those people too."
"Still. You shouldn't care for me."
"I choose to care about you."
"Deja vu."
"What?"
"Do you remember? Back at the red room? My first mission. Our first mission."
He nodded in agreement.
~Back at the red room.~
It was around midnight. She was waiting in the dark for her guy to show up. The plan was simple. He shows up , she was going to kill him. No evidence. But it wasn't exactly like this. The kill was easy. The aftermath was the hard part. There was blood in her hands and suit. She was in shock. She couldn't do anything. Not even move. James was waiting for her outside but she was late. Really late. He walked warily inside the house and found Natalia lying in the floor but doing nothing. She was looking at her bloody hands and the dead man.
"He had family. And I killed him. I m a monster."
"He get himself because he was doing stupid things. He tried to sell hydra."
"Why do you care? It is not good to care about someone that has killed so many people. So many innocent people. And still get killed for him. For his goddamn sake."
"I'm one of those someones too."
"Still. You shouldn't care for me."
"I choose to care about you."
"Why?"
"Because I love you and I ll love you till my last breath. I want you to remember that. Ok?"
"Ok!"
That day was etched in her mind. After she completed her mission Alexi had punished her so hard that even walking was painful. She was beaten hard. On her feet. On her belly. Even on her throat. And all of that just because she was late 5 minutes. That was the aftermath.
~back to the future~
"I still want you to remember that. That I love you till my last breath. And if somebody touches you again I'll kill him. I love you Natalia."
And with that he pulled her in a deep passionate kiss. He grabbed her by the waist and closed the space between them and she putted her hands around his neck. After a moment they broke apart to catch their breaths.
"I lo-" before she could finish what she was saying a bullet penetrated her belly. There was blood everywhere. James started shouting but he didn't even knew what was he saying. Wanda broke into the room and started screaming somesomething in Russian. She said to Clint who walked in terrified to call an ambulance. Fortunately the ambulance came quickly, they carried Natalia and placed her in the vehicle's bed.
"I love you..."she said under the oxygen mask and they closed the doors starting the engine.
Wanda was lying on the road and Steve tried to help her stand up but she pushed his hand away.
"Don't touch me!" She said and the words came muffled out of her mouth.
Despite what she said he helped her stand up and putted her into a car.
"We're going to the hospital ok?"
She nodded in agreement and the blonde started the engine.
A/N
So what do you say about this chapter? I hope you liked it. Let me know in the comments. I also think that I am improving. Idk.