𝗑𝗏. 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱

Start from the beginning

“Bella Swan and Alissa Swan. Who else?”

“It's Alissa Argent. I'm not a Swan,” Alissa corrected the boy. Emily looked at the girl before looking back at the boys. “She's the girl Paul. . .”

“Yep.”

Emily nodded smiling at Alissa causing the girl to frown. She's the girl Paul, what? What was she going to say?

“Oh, and Bella Swan. You're the vampire girl,” Emily said looking at Bella. “So, you're the wolf girl.”

“Guess so. Well, I'm engaged to one,” Emily said placing the plate full of muffins on the table. Jared reached out to grab the muffin but Emily slapped his hand. “Save some for your brothers. And the ladies first.”

Emily looked to the girls. “Muffin you two?”

“I wouldn't mind,” Alissa said moving to grab a muffin. She smiled, thanking the woman before moving to stand against the wall again. The muffin was soft and warm, just the way Alissa liked it. It had been a while since she ate a muffin. Cupcakes was great but nothing could compare to a muffin.

“Leave it to Jake to find a way around Sam's gag order,“ Emily said.

Bella shook her head, “He didn't say anything to us.”

“Yeah, which is weird since I'm his best friend,” Alissa said eating the muffin. “That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want to or not. Alright, check it out! We can hear each other's thoughts,” Embry two the two girls as Alissa leaned against the counter.

“Will you just shut up? These are trade secrets. Damn it! These chicks runs with vampires,” Jared told Embry which made Alissa roll her eyes. They weren't even acquaintances, so she didn't "run" with them.

“I can't really run with vampires. Because they are fast.” Alissa looked at Bella as she savoured the delicious muffin. She'll just have to steal this woman's recipe later.

“Yeah? Oh, we are faster. Freaked out yet?” Jared asked, looking between the two girls.

“You're not the first monsters, I met,” Bella said. “Jake's right. You are good with the weird,” Sam says, walking into the house. He walked over to his fiancé before kissing her. Alissa found them to be really cute even though she had just met them.

Embry looked back at Alissa who was devouring the muffin. She had been quiet this entire time. He was curious to know if she had known about the Cullens this whole time. “What about you, Alissa? When did you find out about vampires?”

Alissa looked back at the boy and she swallowed. “A few months back but honey let me tell you, this isn't my first rodeo,” Alissa told them which made both of them frown. She had dealt with all kinds of monsters that could leave any person with nightmares for days. Vampires and wolves were scary no doubt but the nogitsune would scare anyone. To this day, she was still scared of it.

Jared opened his mouth to ask the girl what she meant when Jacob and Paul finally made their appearance. Jake was fully clothed while Paul only had one shorts. Alissa didn't know why but she suddenly stood up straight.

Paul pushed Jake to the side as he walked in with a smile on his face. He stopped at the door, his gaze almost immediately falling on Alissa. The girl looked away suddenly feeling shy. Why did she suddenly feel so shy?