Overtribe - Ch10

Heat raged through my body. My wings raised threateningly, and I squeezed down on the feeling in my chest screaming that I should tear Chilton's head off. I turned my head to glare at him in warning.

Breach gasped. "Oh, dross, Tyran. He just called you out hard. You can't let that go! Faculty or not, he just picked a fight, bro!"

Breach was right. Chilton had already crawled through the window into the dining area.

"So, R.T., you gonna show me what you got, or you gonna go crawling back to that undead hussy of yours?" Chilton grinned wryly, egging me on.

Breach shook his head and growled. "Messed up, Chilton. You about to have your claws full with mah derg, here!"

The slab of meat began wriggling in my mouth, and I grinned. I poured every ounce of creepy and sadistic I'd been holding back for years into that look. I ran some mana through my shadow lens and into the meat and dug my claw into it as I held it up flat in front of me. It pitched and burbled, the flesh on it boiling and wriggling.

Chilton grimaced, but stood his ground.

"Sill, isn't undead, Chilton, but this is." The flesh in my claw began to grow random flailing appendages, and a maw was forming. "Sill is actually an advanced soul. She finished her cycle of incarnations already, but stuck around for her own reasons."

Chilton smirked, and opened his mouth to speak.

I took a bite of dinner at that moment. The meat in my claw shrieked and flailed. It clawed and bit at my face as I ripped through it.

Chilton stopped mid thought, a look of horror pulling his maw back in a grimace. He backpedaled a step.

"You see, Chilton," I continued as I chewed around the wriggling bite in my maw, "you really should get to know some drak before you judge them."

His maw opened to talk again, but stopped as I let a little piece of the meat reach outside my mouth and wriggle around trying to escape. I slurped it back in and swallowed. I took another bite and the meat shrieked.

"Honestly, you should just not judge others at all. It's rude. Sill, is very precious to me, and I'm sure you already figured that out, or else you wouldn't have acted like such a cleach to get a rise out of me." I gulped it down, looking up slightly to make sure every drak could see it fighting to escape my throat as it twisted and pushed my scales outwards in frantic waves from the inside.

I wiped my maw. "And if you speak bad about any drak I care about again, Chilton. I won't just kill you." I threw the last chunk into my mouth screeching in terror. "I'll bring you back to life and make sure you know exactly what this piece of meat just went through."

I turned and flicked my tail at him, dismissing him as a waste of my time.

Chilton growled. "You freak! That's just what I'd imagine the Reaver would do."

I kept walking. "Careful Chilton. You hang out with an awful lot of slabs of dead meat all day. It'd be a shame if you found yourself on the menu..."

We made it out into the halls, and Breach kept silently staring straight ahead.

I gritted my teeth. Every step on the stone floor sent branches of black lightning scrawling outwards with sizzling crackles, leaving behind glowing orange patterns that trailed all the way back into the mess hall.

We reached the cross section of the hallway. I walked up to the privacy door of the nurses office, and scratched on it. It shattered under my black lightning. Oops.