Sophie nodded before looking out onto the football field. Sophie looked to see the other team, Exilium. They all looked pretty hardcore, so Sophie wasn't sure she could believe what Keefe and Fitz had said yesterday about them winning.

After a few minutes of talking—and sharing those cheesy fries with Dex—they were about to go back up to the concession-stand to load-up on snacks, but stopped when Biana shrieked, "You made it!"

Sophie and Dex looked over and saw Biana hugging Marella.

"Yeah," Marella said, sitting down on the other side of Biana. "I snuck out of the window; if they notice that I'm gone—"

She was cut off by a giant horn, and suddenly Mr. Forkle's voice rang throughout the stadium.

"Thank you for joining us for another night at the Foxfire stadium—I must remind you to stay off the field during the entirety of the game, and that you will be kicked out if you use profanity in any way."

"Wait," Marella said, looking at Biana. "Aren't you supposed to be cheering?" Then she turned to Dex. "And aren't you supposed to be playing an instrument?"

Dex laughed. "Nope, I quit today! I am officially not a band nerd,"

Sophie laughed before Marella nodded and turned to Biana and asked, "Well, what about you?"

Biana's cheeks got red as she explained the over exaggerated concussion she'd gotten the day before. "And I feel super bad because I wanted to cheer for the boys. They're really going to need it tonight."

Sophie smiled at Biana. "Well, you can still cheer for them in the stands,"

Biana smiled and opened her mouth to say something, but was stopped by another horn, followed by Mr. Forkle's voice: "Our Foxfire Tigers will be playing the Exilium Gremlins. Now, joining us to sing the National Anthem will be our senior line-backer, Keefe Sencen,"

A few people laughed, others cheered, and Sophie exclaimed, "What?!"

As Keefe left from his spot on the sidelines and into the middle of the field, Biana cocked her head. "Keefe didn't tell you?"

Sophie shook her head. "He told all of you?"

Marella, Dex, and Biana all nodded, and Sophie slumped her shoulders as she put her hand over her heart before turning her attention to Keefe.

He was dressed in his shoulder pads and jersey—he didn't look like he could sing the National Anthem. But when the music started and Keefe's mouth opened, Sophie felt like she was going to cry.

It was most definitely the greatest thing she'd ever head.

As the song ended with, "...and the home of the brave!" Everyone—from both sides—cheered as loud as they could, and Sophie restrained herself from running to the middle of the field and wrapping Keefe in a big hug to tell him how awesome he'd done.

When Keefe walked back to the sidelines, his eyes met with Sophie's, and Sophie made sure to give him two thumbs up. Keefe smiled, and only a few moments later the game started.

§§§

"Go, go, go!" Sophie and Biana both stood up in the stands as they watched Fitz run across the field with the ball in his hands. "Come on!"

"I can't believe they're so into this stuff," Dex said from behind them.

"I know right," Marella said. "I mean, it's just a game."

Biana whipped around. Sophie couldn't see her facial expression, but from her tone of voice, Sophie could tell she was definitely glaring at the two of them. "Just a game!? This is the playoffs, there's no such thing as 'just a game' you little stooges. Now, if you—"

"Biana!" Sophie shrieked as Fitz made a touchdown and the whole Foxfire side cheered with joy. "He did it!"

Biana's face exploded with joy as she jumped up and down. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

"And that's the game!" Mr. Forkle said over the cheering fans as the scoreboard buzzer went off. "Twenty-nine to twenty-seven! Foxfire wins!"

The cheering got even louder as fans started trickling down to the field. "Come on!" Biana said, grabbing Sophie's hand and dragging her down the stands and onto the field.

The football players were in their huddle, but Sophie and Biana found a kneeling Keefe and Fitz right away. They were both super sweaty and their faces were flushed, but they both had goofy grins plastered on their faces.

After a ten minute speech from their coach they all yelled, "Go Tigers!" before they dispersed.

Sophie and Biana both ran up to Fitz and tackled him with a hug to the ground. "We won!" They both yelled.

"Wow," Keefe said, laughing at the three of them on the ground. "Maybe you girls should try out for the football team next year. You could take our spots."

"No way," Biana said, getting up and helping Sophie off the ground, leaving Fitz there. "I'll stick with cheer."

Sophie laughed as Fitz got up from the ground and pulled Sophie into a hug. "You did great," She told him as she looked up at him. "I'm very proud,"

"Wait," Biana said, pulling out her phone. "That's so adorable. Stay there and don't move!"

Sophie laughed as Biana took a million pictures of the two of them in that pose. But soon, Marella, Dex, Tam, Linh, and Maruca joined them and all nine of them took pictures together.

"Yep," Biana said with a grin. "These are all going on Instagram,"