TWELVE

"It's not fair!" Biana announced as she barged into study hall that afternoon. "It's totally not fair!"

"Miss Vacker!" Mrs. Clarette shouted, glaring daggers at Biana. "If you do not keep your voice down I'll have to give you detention!"

Biana's face turned red as she walked as fast as she could to their table. "It's still not fair," She mumbled as she plopped down in her chair.

"What happened?" Dex asked with a snicker. "Did your subscription to a makeup company get canceled?"

Biana glared at Dex before whispering, "Mrs. Oralie said she wouldn't let me cheer at the game today because she thinks I still have a concussion."

"I mean, you kind of do," Sophie said, biting her lip. "It did happen just yesterday, after all."

Biana huffed. "But I'm totally fine. I can shake my head without getting dizzy now," Biana shook her head super-fast as an example. "See?"

Both Sophie and Dex shrugged their shoulders before continuing their work. Soon, the bell rang and Maruca, Tam, Linh, Keefe and Fitz bolted out of the classroom to get ready for the big game.

"Wait," Sophie said, looking at Dex as they walked out of the classroom. "Why aren't you going?" She asked. "I thought you played in the band."

Dex laughed. "I did, but I quit. It just got really time-consuming."

Sophie nodded before turning to Biana. "Do you know if Marella's coming to the game?" Marella hadn't come to school today because she apparently had a big fight with her parents about going to the game.

Biana shrugged. "I don't know, but Linh told me that Jensi's not coming because he's sick."

Sophie bit her lip. "I hope he's okay," She said. "But I guess it'll just be us three—unless Marella shows up."

Biana nodded as the three of them walked outside to wait for their rides. "But you guys, it's imperative that we all go to the game, alright?"

Sophie and Dex shared a look before nodding, then Biana nodded back before she spotted Della's car and got in.

"You're riding home with me, right?" Sophie asked Dex as she noticed Edaline's car. They'd talked about the plan yesterday, but not in detail.

Dex nodded. "Yep—my parents can't come because they have to be at Lex and Rex's soccer game."

"Oh," Sophie nodded before the two of them got in Edaline's car and drove to Sophie's house in complete silence.

§§§

"But why was it super imperative that we came?" Sophie asked Biana as the three of them weaved their way through people to get to their seat. "I mean—we were going to come anyway, but what was with the extra text you sent us when we got home?"

Biana rolled her eyes as they sat down. "Because, this is the playoffs. It's super important for us to be here Fitz and Keefe,"

Dex smiled at Sophie as he sat next to her, holding cheesy-fries in his hand. "And the concessions are excellent,"

"Which isn't the point," Biana said, shooting a glare at Dex

"Yeah...which totally isn't the point," Dex said, looking away from Biana and hiding the fries behind his back.

"Did you ask to see if Marella was coming?" Sophie asked, turning to Biana.

Biana thought for a second. "She said she might be able to make it,"