CHAPTER 16

~ALEXANDRIA'S POV~

I've known Jace for a week, but why does it seem like I knew him my whole life? Why do I trust him, with my life. Why do I feel protected by him. It's like love at first sight, I've known him for about a week, and... I already fell for him.

I can't tell him. No. I can't. He'll leave me. Tears prick my eyes and I close my eyes.

I feel the air, getting thicker and thicker, every breath I take. I slid down, on the wall, vision fading to the darkness, I hear,"Alex, Where are yo... Alex! Help! Help!", recognizing Cassie's voice. I feel my body, being picked up, off the ground, and I am given some water to drink.

Cassie sits next to me, with worry in her eyes, Lucas sits next to her. And Jace pacing back and front, continuously. And the guests are still partying. "What happened, Guys. I'm Okay.", i say. Jace snaps his head towards me, and looks at me, with a concern,"Are you okay, You were on the ground when I came to look for you and Cass."

"I'm Okay. Just that, I have to go home tomorrow, and I'll miss Cass, That's all", I say, while looking at Cassie, she gives me a 'We gon' talk later' look.

-AN HOUR LATER-

The guests start leaving, and Cass receives a call from her mom and walks away to answer it.

When she comes back, she says, "Hey boys, Alex and I need to go home now. It's urgent.", looking at me, with a frown. i know that look. I tell myself mentally.

We all walk to the parking lot, I hop into the BMW and Jace starts the car, I see Black SUV's following us, from the car mirror. I tense up and Jace chuckles, "It's just Mason and some guards.", He says. "I knew that!", i state. He laughs in a cute way, making the butterflies in my tummy, flutter. I feel my face heat up, He glances at me, and smiles genuinely at me.

"Jace?", I close my eyes. "Hmm?",He hums. Well, no going back now..

I say,"I like you" I love you..

He stops the car, clenches his jaw, looks at me, with his eyes widened. My eyes widen too. "Oh...I'm sorry. I di...", he cuts me off, placing his hands on the side of my head, looks into my eyes and smiles at me. Oh-kay..? No i like y.. He cuts off my inner-thoughts, again. *Cue eye-roll*

"I like you too, princess.", he says while playing with my bottom lip with his thumb, bringing his face closer to mine, placing at kiss, on my forehead, softly.

I heat up and squeal in my mind, his hands leave my head, and he continues to drive, while smiling brightly. "You know, I would have kept you to myself right now, but Mrs Williams says it's 'urgent'.", he says chuckling. I let out a giggle and blush, turning towards the car window.

"Don't hide that cute blush,princess.",he says,"Can I pick you up tomorrow, we can bring Lucas and Cassie, too?"

"Yee...ss. But Cassie has to pick me up, from my house. My father can be very...strict.",I say, frowning, seeing him tense up. "Sure. Is 13:00pm okay, princess?", he asks, turning onto Cassie's driveway. "Guess, I'll see you tomorrow, princess?",he asks and I nod, blushing.

"Drive safe, Jace!! Oh and you too, Lucas!", I shout with certaincy. Jace takes a moment, before jumping out of the car, Walks towards me, engulfing me in a tight hug, kissing my cheek, and forehead, I hear Cass, giggling like a maniac behind us. "Bye, Princess.",he says and walks to his car, driving off ,with lucas' car following.

I check the time and it's 23:16pm. We enter the house together, and I feel Cassie staring at me, with a smirk on her face.

I see aunt Carrie, pacing around the lounge,"Mom, what's wrong?" She looks at Cassie, with tears in her red eyes, Unable to speak. I go to the kitchen, filling a glass of water for her, while Cass comforts her. I hand her the glass of water, with worry in my eyes.

She takes it, gulps on it, saying,"Thank you, dear",with a hoarse voice.

"Cass, Your uncle Kevin, pas...ssed away, a few hours ago, and the fun.er..eral is tomorrow, at his hometown..",she says with strained, Uncle Kevin is her brother,he lives in Canada, he is someone who has been there for her during all the family problems, and always used to cheer Cass and I up.

"What..? But he just, Called me earlier..He wished me 'happy birthday' .",she says at the brink of crying. "Yes, Cass. Dad and I are taking an early flight there and Since you have school on, monday, You'll be okay alone?", Aunt Carrie says, looking down, holding it together, for her daughter. I've been through this..

"Yes, mom. I'll be okay..",she says, quivering. "Okay, girls. I'm going to pack my bags , Dad and I will leave when you two are both asleep, Cass. I love you both, My darlings.",she says, sadly, opening her arms for a hug. We hug her tightly, and she walk slowly upstairs.

I look at Cassie as she stares at a random object, I pull her into a gentle hug, pulling her upstairs. "Take a shower, Cass, freshen up", i say,"I'll go afterwards," and she nods.

"I'll text the boys,that we won't be coming tomorrow, Jace even wanted to meet up tomorrow with us.",I frown. "Well, we don't have to cancel. I could use help getting my mind off things and that'll help.",she replies and walks into the bathroom.

I give her a sad smile, and text Jace.

-----

[Sent to Jaceyy @23:47pm

-Thanks for tonight, Jaceyyy! Meet tomorrow at 13:00pm? ]

He replies instantly,

[Received from Jaceyy @23:47pm

-No prob, princess and yepp....I miss you:) ]

I blush and text back.

[Sent to Jacey @23:48pm

-Goodnight, cutieee! ]

[Received from Jaceyy @23:48pm

-Night, beautiful. ]

-----

I see Cassie come out from the bathroom, smiling,"Thanks, Al."

We talk about the party, and appearantly she and Lucas are official. Now it's just me.. Cass says,"I can't wait for tomorrow, I wonder what Jace is gonna do." And I look at her, with a beat up red face.

We fall asleep sad, yet happy.

(A/N: How was that? Any expectations for the next chapter???)