NINETEEN| Moments

Start from the beginning

He angrily snapped sticks in half and trampled areas of leaves as he chased the creature.

"I'm going to tell (Y/N)," He hissed while breathing heavily from the strain of practically climbing the steep hill. "She'll definitely agree to cook you now."

Jeb didn't seem to like this comment and released an angry grunt as he sat down and pointedly waited for Yoongi to catch up while placing the box in his mouth.

"DON'T EAT THAT!" Yoongi pleaded while practically panting now, almost on the verge of collapse before Jeb kept moving. He could only groan and keep following. 

However, Jeb soon was lost from Yoongi's sight as he seemed to disappear behind the now scarce area of trees. He followed suit; trying not to loose the animal so also pushing forward out of the jungle area.

Yoongi immediately almost completely forgot about everything, even the cursed animal with his jewelry box, as he was met with an unbelievable sight. It was... beautiful.

Now at the top of the tall hill, he seemed to be overlooking the whole island. Birds flew in the distance and he was even able to make out the beaches and waves of the ocean encircling the outer rings of the lush jungle. He blinked as wind blew past his face and he looked down to see acres of jungle and other distant hills that leaked waterfalls like tears. The two of you had only seen such a small fraction of this island you were entrapped in, and Yoongi was in total awe.

Smoke touched the clouds as he stared in shock at what could only be a volcano standing tall in the distance. He didn't know whether to be fearful or to just admire the piece of art. It's presence was powerful no matter how far away it seemed to be as it towered over the island. The two of you had never been able to see it from the other side of the hill. Fearful yet intrigued, he could only continue to stare at the volcano and the rest of the island the two of you had managed to call home but had never seen. 

You needed to see this. You would love it.

 In his awe he barely even noticed the animal he loathed so much now perched on his shoulder as it figured out how to open the small box and was now messing with the necklace inside. The sound of the monkey messing with the chain snapped him out of it and Yoongi quickly snatched the item away much to the monkey's distaste. 

"Give me that," He hissed, brushing the angry animal off of him as Jeb leaped down and immediately became distracted from his initial anger at the pale human by inspecting a stick. Yoongi scoffed and stepped past him, looking around and knowing the spot was perfect. More than perfect even. Pink stained his cheeks as he wondered how he had gotten to this point and if he was really about to do this. 

Yoongi bit his lower lip and sighed in defeat knowing how cringey his plan was but having to go through it regardless. He watched as Jeb dropped the stick and barred his teeth at him one more time before retreating back down the hill and into the jungle. Maybe this time he would leave for good. With that positive thought in mind and safely stuffing the jewelry box back in his pocket, he got to work.

~~~

You had woken up to the feeling of Jeb rooting through your hair for a snack of sorts. Tiredly laughing a bit and yawning, you sat up only to immediately notice Yoongi's missing presence.

"YOONGI!" You shouted as your eyes opened wide upon not seeing him. Panic flooded through you as Jeb didn't seem to care and only gripped onto your hair harder. You struggled to pull your aching body up, but you stood as fast as you could. The second you did however, your foot collided with your journal. You didn't remember taking it out, so you looked down to see the slightly crumpled paper with Yoongi's message scrawled against it.