Chapter One: Electring

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

#HappyReading

[Important: To each and every reader: please read the last sentence of the author's note in the end of the chapter.]

Dedicated to trishakantol
She is one of my biggest supports on wattpad and because of her I am giving this book a go!

-----------------------------

"Oh gosh! It is so hot today!"

Today is the day of electring.

"Yes, this sounds surprising for a teenager but I Hate Summers."

Mom and dad had always taken care of me the whole time but also taught me to be independent and take care of myself.

"Gret, pass me the Nutella."

People said that I was weird in a way, like I didn't act normal. That's why I was not miss popular and surrounded by friends instead I was a loner with only one cliché blonde girlfriend. Tessa.

"Gret....are you there? Pass me the Nutella."

My younger sister Delena once told me that, when I was thirteen I accidently touched a live wire but-

"GRET!! PASS ME THE NUTELLA!" Tessa bellowed and banged the table. I don't know what she was blabbing since the last ten minutes. She was saying something about Nutella. I guess.

"Whoa! Whoa! Calm down, it's just a Nutella." I said and grabbed the jar of Nutella across the table and passed it to her.

"To calm down? I asked you softly twice but what can help your habit of daydreaming?" She muttered and started spreading Nutella on the bread for both of us.

I just heaved a sigh and poured some juice for me. It was not a Sunday morning when you sit on the dining table with your family and eat breakfast; it was just a random Tuesday.

"I hate this season. It's so hot, I am sweating. You know what, I hate this day of electring. Everything remains closed and we are forced to stay in our houses! The only place I could think of coming was your home because you know I hate it to be at my house." Tessa completed and munched on her toasted bread.

We live in Vancouver but in 2025 the Earth has become hotter. Global warming has increased and several new problems have arisen. That is why new ways are being found to conserve the earth.

And maybe one of them is electring.

The day of electring doesn't have a fixed date, it changes every year. On this day every shop, every public transport, every business everything on the whole earth is shut.

It's because any one of us can be chosen to go to Trigonous. The planet far away in Milky Way.

Well not any of us, but any of the superlative beings on Earth can be chosen. Nobody particularly knows who is superlative because their firststage is competitive.

Competitives are born on Earth and are recognized by the government of Trigonous. They are taken to Trigonous to train them and transform them into superlatives.

Electring is an event meant for selecting the competitives that are ready for the conversion to superlatives.

Usually the competitives in the age bar of Fifteen to Eighteen are electred for Trigonous. Because many of them are ready for transformation in this age. It does not mean that you cannot get electred at the age of more than eighteen or less then fifteen.

Competitives can get electred at any age; it depends at what age they can transform to superlative.

Yes, they show some non-significant symptoms but they are noticed through keen observation only. At times if someone is competitive their family members get the vibes of them and try to study them.