Chapter Seven: Rules

Hello!

#HappyReading

Dedicated to @WhiteNinja1. Thank u for sticking to my book till now and ur lovely votes and comments.

---------------------------------

I was feeling nauseous and dizzy at the same time. My head was throbbing as if it was hammered rhythmically. I tried motioning but a surge of pain hit me.

I heard some whispering beside me and a familiar beeping of the E.C.G monitor came. It doesn't require a genius to know where I was. Hospital.

Memories from last night flooded my mind. My left side was lifeless but as far as I knew, I was able to move my left fingers by then. That means I got well.

"This case is not new, but it hasn't taken place in the campus of this institute." It was broad, rough voice.

"I hope whatever you are thinking isn't true," It was Andrea Fillips, my headmistress.

"Hmm.....I think the protocol should be sent as the explora-" He cut himself off, "I think the girl's waking up." Good job Mister, I was almost about to know something confidential, I thought sarcastically.

I felt the bed dip as someone sat there and seconds later a hand got placed on my forehead. Strong smell of perfume hit my nose and I recognized it was a lady.

"How are you Margaret?" It was none other than Andrea. She stroked my forehead and my eyes fluttered open. It took a minute to adjust to the light in the room but I nodded to her.

"Good. Can you sit up? Or do you want to getsome more sleep?" She softly asked.

"I can get up," My voice came out more like a breath. With Andrea's help I sat up and leaned my back and head on the board of the bed. She took a closer glance in my direction and then turned to the man sitting just opposite to her.

"Umm....Margaret, this is Officer Dexter Townsville. He is the security in charge of the institute and he would like to know something about, exactly what happened last night. Will you be able to answer him now or shall I call him later?"

This woman who is the headmistress of this humungous institute was here caring about me? Sounds strange, but it was genuine. She was here to command not to request.

"I can, now." I replied and Mr. Townsville shifted on his stool on the right side of the bed. "But how much time I have been here? And who brought me here?"

"Not much, since the last night, it's 9 in the morning. And the boy in front whose room you were found informed us about you." Andrea said. I nodded to her and she smiled, "I think you can proceed officer."

"Good. Margaret, as you know who am I, please answer my questions honestly," He's tone matched the police but practically he was.

"Yes."

"Good. Why were you roaming in the corridor at that time?"

"I wanted to get some water, as there was not water in the bottles."

"Okay. What happened next?"

"The corridor was dead silent and completely dark. Maybe I was scared so I walked slowly. In the way, I found no one who can help me and saw the lights on, on two floors down and decided to take the staircase to there. But when I was near the staircase-"

"You fell down from there?" Interrupted Andrea. Officer Townsville waved her off and looked at me as if asking me to continue.

"No. When I was there, I touched a wall but I never found the time to acknowdgle whether it was a wall or not," He narrowed his eyes at me but I continued.