Chapter Six: Heroes

Chapter Six: Heroes 

"We've been here for three weeks already, in that time you have met Harely's girlfriend, gone on a lunch date with Harley which you refuse to believe was a date and now we are going out on a group picnic because you were scared to go by yourself with Kale." Maddi comments as we finish packing the picnic basket.

"I don't know where you're going with this." I say sitting on the stool.

"She's saying that you're a whimp!" Crystal exclaims from the opposite side of the island.

"Well then!" I fake gasp bringing my hand to my chest.

"It's true, you can go out with Harley like a big girl but you can't do the same when it comes to Kale?" Ava questions reaching into the basket to grab some of the graps.

"Hey no!" I scold hitting the top of her hand.

"Answer the question hoe!" Ava yells pushing my hand away and grabbing the grapes.

"It's different and I'm not saying anything else because we should have been in the lobby ten minutes ago." I state grabbing the picnic basket and my bag before heading towards the door with the girls in tow.

"Why can't Jody and Jay come again?" Maddi asks as we step into the elevator.

"She said her mum contracted something so she has to look after her and Jay is practically Jody's brother so her mum wanted him to visit too." Crystal explains as the elevator starts to decend.

"That sucks, this picnic is going to rule." Maddi confirms, quickly stepping out as the elevator doors open.

"What took you guys so long?" Cody groans as the guys stand up from the seats.

"Violet was being a hoe." Crystal states as she walks infront with Jay and Cody on either side of her.

"How does one be a hoe?" Ryker questions.

"Why do you wanna know? You interested?" Ava jokes grabbing Gabriel's hand.

"Maybe I am." He shrugs walking out the the hotel with everyone leaving me to follow behind with Kale.

"I hope the weather is going to be good." Kale starts making me laugh.

"Really?" I ask watching as his face turns to confusion.

"Really what?"

"Really, weather talk?" I laugh shaking my head as a small blush starts on his cheeks.

"I was just trying to make conversation." He mumbles shoving his hands into his front pockets.

Laughing at his actions I bump my shoulder into his making him turn his head to look down at me. Smiling up at him I loop my arm through his and pull him a bit forward so we can catch up with everyone else.

It's a ten minute walk before we reach the large park filled with tall trees, a skateboard park further across from where we stand and a small playground occupied with small children laughing and screaming.

"Okay here is where the blanket goes." Crystal directs Callum and Ryker pointing to a patch of grass that is half covered by the tree branches but also has sun shining down.

"Yes ma'am." Callum salutes as they lay the large blanket down securing each end with medium sized rocks.

"I can't stop staring at your top Ava, did you seriously have to wear that to a park that is filled with children?" Maddi laughs as everyone's head reads the word 'FAP' that is written across the front of her top.