Independent Together

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A HORRIFICLY MANLY ABOMINATION BY THE NAME OF STEG!! FEMALES BEWARE!

"Who's here for the show?!" Sadie Miller cried into her microphone. There was a cheer from the crowd. "Okay, okay, now who's here because it's the end of the world?!!"

"Wait, what?!" yelled Lars from the crowd over the second round of wild cheering.

"Okay, this first song's a special request from Steven Universe!" Sadie said into her mic, as the Injector glittered in the background. "It's called... "

Steven's mind wasn't at the concert. Bio poison... Rejuvenator... Spinel... memories... Connie... how's Connie going at Space Camp? Does she know about the Injector? Is she in danger? What's happening on the news channels? How far has it spread now?

Amethyst was on the stage, on drums with a microphone attached to her drum kit. Steven had managed to persuade Sadie to do a specific song that would hopefully help.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you for having me! Thank you for gracing me with your presence!" Sadie cried as she began to sing a song she had written for Steven. It was about how Pearl could break loose from rules and she was allowed to rebel against people. Amethyst and Sadie sung it onstage well, but Amethyst looked nervous and beckoned Steven over when the bridge came. He pretended to dance over as Amethyst leaned down from her drum kit.

"It's not working!" she hissed nervously.

"What could be me missing here?" he whispered back.

"Maybe we need to hit her where it hurts," Amethyst suggested.

"What? You mean-?"

"Yeah, you know, her original boss."

Amethyst came to the front of the stage and began to shift into somebody larger than herself, another Quartz who was bigger and stronger...the eyes of the crowd were instantly focused on the glowing Gem on the stage...

"I want to be," sang a purple version of Rose Quartz, "disobedient - I want to be... disobedient..."

She hopped off the stage and landed in front of Pearl. Greg was dancing and was trying to make Pearl copy him, but she kept doing ballet and bowing to him instead. Greg pointed to Amethyst, but Pearl did not look away from him. Amethyst stood in front of Pearl and turned her head forcibly towards her, but Pearl's eyes still watched Greg.

"Disobedient... disobedient... disobedient..." Amethyst sighed and sunk to the floor as the song ended. She trudged back onto the stage and returned the microphone to Sadie. She then beckoned Steven up onto the stage again.

"How did that not work?" he cried.

"What are we missing?" she sighed. "That was foolproof! How..."

Greg was watching, sweating and a little worried.

"Don't worry - I can clap for you!" declared Pearl, as she began clapping twice as fast as Greg had been doing before.

"Argh!" he yelled at her, exasperated. "What will make you stop serving me?!"

"As long as you exist, I will serve you!" Pearl smiled and inclined her head.

Amethyst shifted back into herself. "As long as you exist!" she and Steven said at the same time.

"That's the final piece! Mum disappeared!" said Steven. "Dad! I've got an idea." He whispered a plan into Greg's ear.

"Are you sure? Aren't your powers messed up?" he said nervously.

"I'm sure, Dad!"

"But, what about me? I've never -"