O N E

A/N: This is my first actual book so I hope you guys enjoy it! Inspiration for this story from alondratrevi 💙💙

It was at this moment that my parents kicked me out of the house.

I had been wanting to come out to my parents for about 5 years now. I always knew I liked girls I knew I was... gay. I didn't like labels though, it made me feel weird. I don't know why it made me feel weird though, it was apart of who I am.

I remember when I was around five and I found my older sister's friends attractive. Flash forward to me being twelve and watching tv, I would always crush on the girl in the love story instead of the boy. When I was thirteen I finally realized I was gay. Now flash forward to today, the day I come out to my family.

I'm sixteen now and it took me my whole life to get the courage to tell my parents. As the words "I'm gay" came out of my mouth I knew I was over for. The look on my mothers face terrified me, she looked as if she wanted me gone. I looked to the right of my mom to see a frown creep upon my dad's face as if he was disappointed in me.

I wish my sister was here to help me through these times. She was in college though, she left about three years ago because she wanted to become a nurse. She was always my biggest supporter and helped me through anything and everything. Even though she didn't know I was gay, I know she would have accepted me for who I was.

I looked at my mom waiting for her to say something. She just had her jaw dropped and stared at me. My dad's head was down at this point, not wanting to face me. "You're out," she said. "What?" I asked tears forming in my eyes. "You're out," She repeated. "Gather your things," she yelled "I want you out of my house."

I couldn't hold the tears back anymore and started balling my eyes out. I at least expected my dad to stick out his wing for me but no, he and my mother disowned me. I ran upstairs to my room and grabbed my suitcase out of my closet. I stuffed enough clothes as I could in it, only taking the bare necessities. I packed my hairbrush and toothbrush along with my phone and charger.

"Y/n you better be out of my house in the next five minutes or I'm calling the cops!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. Calling the cops on me for what? I thought, being who I am? Being myself? Me being gay doesn't change anything, I don't understand why my parents had to be like this.

I ran downstairs and didn't even turn back. I went straight outside the door and headed to the local diner. Who was I supposed to call though, I had no family that lived close to me. I would call my sister but I couldn't live in a dorm with her. I sat down inside the diner and the waitress headed my way. "What would you like to drink ma'am?" The waitress said to me. "I'll just take a coffee please black coffee," I corrected myself.

As I waited for my coffee I had my head down on the table. I couldn't help but let the tears roll down my face. It hurt me to know I may never see my parents again. But they didn't want me anyways, they kicked me out. They don't deserve me, all I did was be a great daughter but I guess that wasn't enough for them.

"Hello?" I heard a voice from next to the table call. I looked up to see the waitress standing there with my coffee. I quickly wiped my tears away with my sleeves as she set the coffee on the table. "Are you okay?" She asked. "I- I don't know," I said looking up at her. "Mind if I sit down?" She asked pointing at the seat across from me, I nodded my head.

"I can see that you're really hurt, do you wanna talk about it?" she looked at me with a caring smile. It gave me a sense of safety, like I wouldn't be hurt again. " Yeah, I don't even know where to start, but my parents just kicked me out of my house," I said. "Why would they do that to you?" She asked. "Because I'm gay I'm jus-" I was interrupted as she started to speak.

"That makes me so mad, I'm pan and it makes me so upset when people do stuff like that." She started ranting on and on about how she strongly supports the LGBTQ+ movement. Her views on the whole thing were very interesting and It made me feel better listening to her. I totally forgot that I was homeless for the time being and I even lost track of time. 4 coffees and 2 hours later she was finished talking.

"Well I'm sorry I talked your ear off," She said getting up from the booth. "I hope everything goes well for you and you find somewhere to stay." "Thank you for that, I needed to get my mind off things and it honestly helped," I smiled at her. "I didn't catch your name," She said "What was it?" "Y/n, and you?" I asked. "Luna," She replied. "Well it was nice to meet you and thank you again for that." "Anytime," she smiled " and hey the coffees are on me." I smiled at her and she walked away before I could even say thank you.

I was still anxious on trying to find somewhere to stay. I didn't know who else I had to stay with, nobody wanted me. I took another sip of my last coffee and at that moment that's when I knew exactly who I was gonna call. Someone who I had met in my advanced biology class freshman year. Her and I instantly hit it off and had become pretty good friends. She was the only person I had come out to other than my parents. I hadn't talked to her since the end of freshman year and it was summer now. I knew I could count on her though. So I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and clicked on the contact that read Dixie D'Amelio.