Chapter 40

(Y/N)'S POV:

Another morning, another school day, another test.

Despite having a hard time sleeping, you luckily were pretty energized this morning.

You walked to school the usual route with Todoroki. You desperately wanted to ask him what the hell he was talking about yesterday, but if you did he probably would just brush it off like before.

You just decided to shake off the weird behavior from him and stay focused on the second day of testing.

You guys got to school later then you usually did because your train had an issue for a few moments, you didn't know what it was nor did you care, you just wanted to get to school on time.

Fortunately, you guys made it just before the bell and we're able to start your testing with no issue.

This test wasn't as easy as the last one though.

As soon as you started getting stuck on questions, you started to sweat and your hands got really shaky and clammy. Your brain was filling with the idea of getting things wrong, failing the test, and not being able to go the summer camp with all your friends. Now that was the only thing your brain could latch onto, not the answers, not your studying you did with Midoriya. Nothing.

No no no no, you were doing so well on the last test now your screw this one up!

Your hands went to clutch your bowed head in a desperate attempt to clear it and refocus, you trembled from the fear of disappointing your teachers, your parents, Midoriya.

Your orbs darted around the classroom to try and distract your self when all a sudden they met with emerald ones.

Midoriya was looking at you with a frown on his face. Though as soon as your eyes locked, he widened his, but hesitantly he softened up and gave you a gentle and sweet smile.

He made motion to his chest. You focused where he was motioning and saw that he was making a slight woosh movement from his chest to his mouth, like he was taking in a breath

Right... right, he taught you how to deal with these exact feelings.

You scanned your brain for the breathing exercises he made you remember for when you felt overwhelmed. Once finding one of them, you did your best to try and execute it.

Breath in for four seconds, hold it for four seconds, breath out for four seconds, hold it for four seconds, repeat.

It was a square breathing exercise according to Midoriya. He told you that this would be the best way to calm yourself down. You could see what he meant as your thoughts started to clear and you stopped shaking uncontrollably.

Once he saw that you were able to compose yourself, he gave you a thumbs up and mouthed a small, but meaningful phrase to you.

"Do your best!"

Your lips instinctively tugged up and you nodded to him, giving a thumbs up back at him.

You both looked back at your papers and tried to focus back on your test.

You found that the breathing calmed you down more then you thought it would. You were able to make it through the rest of test without much complications. You were able to turn it in without too much doubt in your mind.