Chapter 17

(Y/N)'S POV:

After the race was finished, the top 42 students moved on to the second round, which was the Cavalry Battle.

Midnight explained that we have to form teams of two to four people. We each have a amount of points from our place in the obstacle course. We will add the entire team's together and the determined number will be on a headband on the top of the rider's head. Our goal is to get as much points as possible by collecting other peoples' headbands. If your team falls apart, you are out. The top four teams will make it to the next challenge.

Though there was a catch, to give an equal opportunity to the people that got lower places on the obstacle race, the higher place you, the more points you have, making you a bigger target. It starts at 5 and goes up by every place.

This meant that you had 195 points, but the most surprising news was for the person in 1st place.

"First place will have ONE MILLION POINTS!" Announced Midnight.

'Oh. Poor Midoriya.' You looked over at the distressed face of your friend. Everyone was glaring at him. You tried to give him a sympathetic look, but he didn't notice as it seemed he was mentally dying.

You decided that you were going to make an effort to be on his team. You believed in him. You knew you couldn't lose if you were with him.

The rules were announced and they gave us fifteen minutes to assemble our teams.

"Hey. Mido-" You tried calling out to him, but you were interrupted by people surrounding you. They were mostly from other classes.

"Team up with me winner." Exclaimed one student.

"No I'm obviously a better choice!" Said another.

"Uhhhhhhh......." You didn't know what to say. You didn't honestly expect this to happen. You got fourth place and all, but you weren't all that good.

You noticed that other kids started forming teams with each other. Though the majority was surrounding Todoroki, Bakugou, and me. You could no longer see Midoriya.

"I-i don't even know most of you." You tried to reason with them, but they were relentless.

"Oi! Maggot!" You heard a voice behind you, but ignored it as you were trying to figure out what you were going to do.

"Oi! Did you hear me idiot?!" Someone forcefully grabbed your shoulder and turned you around. You were revealed to the angry face of Bakugou Katsuki.

"Join my team!" It was less like a suggestion and more like a demand.

"First off, no. And second off, did you just call me maggot?"You said. You didn't feel like dealing with him and his shit.

"First off, did it sound like it was a question and second off, I called you it because you act like one, maggot." He sassed back.

You looked around and finally saw Midoriya. He seemed to already be in a team consisting of Ochako, Tokoyami, and another student with pink hair that you didn't know. You looked back at Bakugou. Behind him were Kirishima and Sero.

You sighed." Fine, I'll join, but don't call me maggot again." You halfway glared at him.

"No promises." He turned around as the time was almost up.

'I'm here to win. I'm here to win. I'm here to win.' You repeated to yourself as your fist clenched. It wouldn't be so good if you punch your teammate, but boy, did you want to hurt Bakugou.

We started to get in position with Bakugou as the rider. You were behind him, supporting his weight.

You didn't really know why Bakugou wanted you as part of his team. From what you can tell, there weren't any benefits of your quirk, but you just accepted it. Although you can't stand anything about Bakugou...... he was strong, and you wanted to win.