Chapter 12

(Y/N)'S POV:

You woke up to a blinding light, trying to register where you were. You started to sit up only for a sore pain throb throughout your body. After your eyes adjusted, you could see that you were in a white medical looking room.

You began to recall what happened. Though it was a bit fuzzy. You remembered getting attacked by villains at the USJ and getting thrown into the shipwreck zone with Midoriya, Tsu, and Mineta. You remember using your healing quirk on Midoriya and Aizawa-sensei.

"Well finally you're awake." You heard a older voice say. You looked around and your eyes landed on Recovery Girl, the school nurse.

"What happened?" You asked.

"You seemed to pass out due to exhaustion, but don't worry, All Might took care of the villains." She replied.

"Is everyone okay?"

"Yes. There were no fatal injuries." You let out a sigh of relief to hear that everyone was at the very least alive.

"Anyway, you should stay here for a few more hours to regain energy, then you can go home. You can sleep if you want." She walked away, leaving you to be with your own thoughts

Everything that you recalled felt like a horrid nightmare, like it didn't even happen. You tried to block out the  gruesome images of Aizawa-sensei. It was all so much to take in.

You honestly felt pretty pathetic, barely contributing to your classmates in such a time of need.

Despite just waking up, you definitely were still tired, but you felt you couldn't fall asleep with your racing thoughts. Only leaving you to think and regret.

Though as a little more time went on, your body ultimately shut down from exhaustion and you went to sleep for the second time that day.

(TIME SKIP)

Waking up once again, Recovery Girl said you could go home. You were still sore, but managed to get on your feet and thank her before walking out the door. You navigated your way to the outside of the school. The sun was starting to set, so you knew it was pretty late, but you didn't feel like checking the time on your phone.

Just as you stepped out the main gate, you saw a tall figure standing near and took a closer look to see them.

"Todoroki! What are you doing here?!" You said at the familiar stoic male.

"Waiting for you." He said in his usual monotone voice.

"You didn't have to do that, you know. It's literally been hours!"

"It's fine. I didn't really want to go home anyway. This gave me an excuse not to." He said.

"Oh. Um...okay" You didn't really know what to say to that. You had a lot of curiosities about his family, but you knew better than to meddle in his business. There's a reason he doesn't want to tell you and you shouldn't invade his privacy like that.

"Are you ready to go?" He interrupted your thoughts.

"Yeah."

"We missed the last train, so we will have to walk." He said.

"That's fine."

We started ahead and you thought back to what happened today. You were only with Todoroki till the villain separated you.

"Where were you during the attack today?" You asked, looking at Todoroki.

He started to recall his side of the story and when he was done you proceeded to tell him what happened on your side.

"Yeah. I guess I ended up passing out on the way to the exit." You finished off.

"I know. I was the one to carry you back." He said matter of factly. That caught you off guard.

"I'm so sorry. I was probably a real burden." You sighed, feeling even more pathetic than before.

"No. You helped Aizawa and Midoriya, everyone got out fine anyway." He replied. Even with his cold demeanor, he really was a good friend.

"Thanks." A smile graced your features as you guys strolled the rest of the way to your house.

The next few days, you were off from school due to the attack. Throughout those days you mainly sat around doing nothing and also took some really long walks, processing the events that transpired. Besides that you didn't really do anything else other than eating.

When the day finally arrived to go back to school, you were kind of excited to see your classmates again. Rushing to school much to Todoroki's protests.

You made it into the classroom after your usual walk to the school and took your seat. You noticed how people started talking about how the class was on the news. You've never been one to watch the news, so you didn't see it, but it makes sense why you guys would have been on there. It was a pretty large attack against UA students and heroes alike.

You let your mind wonder off topic and instead looked around the room. Everyone was here from what you could tell.

Your eyes caught on to a certain green haired boy, Midoriya. He seemed fine. You were kinda stressing about him over your break. His quirk often leads to injury and you heard he was one of the few people put into medical care.

You also couldn't help but wonder why his quirk didn't hurt him when he used it on that bird thing.

Before you could think about that anymore a voice from the front of the room spoke.

"Good morning." You turned your attention away from Midoriya and turned towards Aizawa-sensei. He looked awful, with bandages around his entire face and arms.

You stood up on instinct, wanting to try and heal him.

"(L/n), sit down."

"But, sir. Your injuries need to be tended to. I could help. I have plenty of energy, so it won't have too much of an affect on me." You argued.

"My well being doesn't matter." He completely dismissed you. "Once more, sit down."

You reluctantly did as you were told. You knew he probably wasn't going to accept the care but you felt awful doing nothing about it.

Aizawa-sensei continued "More importantly, the fight is not over yet."

'He couldn't mean-' You thought back to the attack.

"The UA sports festival is coming up."

So....a completely normal school event? He got you scared over something like that?!

The class seemed to share the sentiment as they exploded with questions.

Though this enthusiasm didn't last for long as someone expressed their concerns about the villains coming to attack again, but Aizawa-sensei quickly explained how the security will be better and how we can not afford to lose this chance for pro hero scouting. The class ultimately agreed.

'Great so more things to think and worry about.'