Saftey

I pull open the door to the barn and hurriedly bring the animals in to safety. Knowing how it may be a while till they get chances to go out it was the best option for now because they may be needed later and should be put away safely. The door was made to where nothing, not even smoke could get in so when the storm does hit they will be fine. Quickly I put them all into their places and make sure their water is full and turn on the fan that will bring air in and leave closing the door securely behind me before I lock it.

"Shit I forgot to make sure the gates locked and the fence is on!" I say under my breath as I race back down the hill I have just climbed up. Mrs. Johnston knows the code to get back in so she is fine along with mother and father. It doesn't take me long to get down to the bottom and put in the code before I hear the faint buzzing. With that no one who doesn't know the code can get in.

Feeling more secure I don't rush as fast up the hill but still run. Since we are so close to where the blast went off it also means we are closer to when the Fallout hits so we need to prepare. I run the list of things we will need to do to the house and sigh happy that our house is big enough that we have our servants staying here so it's faster to get the garbage bags over the windows and doors with tape so nothing gets it if the glass breaks.

As I open the door I see people running around and notice there are about 15 others that stay here that and I see that there are about my age. I put that aside and stand on the first few steps and whistle loudly to get everyone's attention. "Okay people listen up! I don't know what's going on over there or anywhere else for that matter except the fact that just moments ago a bomb hit New York City." My voice is firm but inside I'm shaking.

'What about my parents? Are they alive or...' I shake the thought out as people start talking over each other. "My kids are out there! I need to get to my kids!" A short brown haired woman cries out. Her face is covered in tears as she shakes and I sigh with a heavy heart. "I'm going To be honest with you. If your family or loved ones where anywhere near that blast, nuclear or not, then they are dead." As soon as the words leave my mouth many women scream in agony along with men.

"But here is the case. We all know that we never get accidental bombs set off here. Most likely that was a nuke and it was on purpose, from who I don't know." I pause to let them understand the seriousness of this situation as I pull my long irritating blonde hair back. "Which means we will be safe here. Here we have a green house with different fruits and vegetables, animals for meat, solar panels, a purification system for water and enough canned and other goods to feed all of us for a year."

"If you wish to leave then you may to find your loved ones but I ask you one thing before you do. Call them, see if they answer and are ok. If they are fine then tell them to come here or you go get them. We have enough rooms for many more but only for so long." I look around at the men and women to see their reactions. This isn't the time for panic but a time for planning and prepping for what's to come next.

I fix my ash blue eyes on the three teens and nod to them. They stand straight and nod back understanding. "If you choose to leave for good I can't stop you but do not tell a soul about the codes to get in and what we have. Not everyone will want to share and help out here to keep everyone alive so we can not put anyone at risk." I say firmly. 'God I don't need crazy people coming here trying to kill people for food and water...'

"Go now and call them as fast as you can but once you are done or if you choose to wait come with me and we will prep for what is soon to come." With that I walk down the last steps and to the maids closet near me to get duck tape and trash bags.

I could hear the people moving fast again into different corners of the house calling those they love. I figure no one is going to come to help me right away but I'm fine with that. So when I felt the tap on my shoulder I was generally shocked to see the three teens behind me. "Yes?" I ask curiously. "What do you want us to do." The one who tapped me asked.

He was tallish with dark brown hair and smooth tan skin that complimented is grey eyes and full lips. I glance at the other two behind him and study them. The girl was a little shorter than me and had red hair. Her freckles scattered across her pale nose and was complemeted by bright green eyes. The boy beside her was the same height as the other but he had blond hair and blue eyes.

"Don't you have anyone you love to call to see if they are ok or to get to come here?" The curiousness in my voice showed but I didn't care. "No." They say at the same time. Strange. "Well if you really want to help take some of these and go to anywhere with a window and tape them over the windows." I say.

They nod and take the supplies need for their task and get to work. As I look around I see some crying and others leaving.

'With these people my brother and I will either survive or die.' Is the only thought I gave as I walk to my living room to talk to my brother.

~~~~~~~Authors note~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone and merry Christmas! Sorry for not updating faster but I have been sick and spending Christmas with my family out of state. I will be adding more soon but don't forget to vote, follow, and comment what you like or do not like.