Chapter 2

Kayde and Pyra has last fought two months ago. Afterwards, she snuck into his house to talk to him. She had told him that he was the most kindhearted and deserving hero. She knew that he hadn't tried as hard as he could to stop her from burning Donald trump alive. He could've easily stopped her, but nobody would blame him if he couldn't stop her. It was a truly bad man.

     The two had decided that unless Pyra was actively committing a crime or there was others around, he wouldn't arrest her. He understood her motives. She had given him 5 devices similar to phones except their purpose was to send a single message and then be destroyed. It was so nobody could trace them. This was the 3rd time Kayde had used one to meet with Pyra. She also gave him proof that his girlfriend was cheating, including pics of him kissing, having "fun", etc. with another dude; recordings of her phone convos about how she was in a relationship with Kayde for fame.

     "So you want me to help you with a project for school?" She asked, breaking off his train of thought. "Um.. well yeah. It's about powers, and-"she cut him off laughing with "powers? Why do you need my help ? You have powers." He blushed ," well, it's a specific project. Everyone else is in groups and each group is studying a specific Saint, but all of us are in one group and we have to research all of you guys. We decided to each do whoever we know most about, so obviously have to do the part about you. " I said rushed. She looked at me shocked. Then started laughing. "Ok then!" She said. "Let's go to your house "

      Kayde woke up to Pyra shaking him. He looked at his clock. It was five in the morning. The two had been up til 3 talking. The first 30 minutes were about Pyra and the rest was the two enjoying each other's company, since it was hard to, not to mention illegal, for the two to meet up. They had fallen asleep in each other's arms. "Get up!" Pyra hissed at Kayde. "Morning sunshine," he said. "Shut up or I'll burn your ass off." She growled at him. He just laughed. "Why do I have to get up? I don't have to be ready for school for another two and a half hours." She glared at him. "And what about me?" She asked him. He shrugged. "Why don't you stay here? Hide in my room, we can hang out more after school." She sighed, rolling her eyes. "Ok, Kayde." He smiled grabbing her waist and pulled her back into bed, cuddling her gently. She snuggled in, wishing she could stay like this forever.

     Kaydes alarm went off, waking him from his sleep. He untangled his arm from Pyra, grabbing his phone to snooze the alarm. But then he saw the date, and his face dropped. A sleepy voice came from beneath him. "What's wrong Kay?" Pyra asked. He looked at her, smiling sadly. "7 years ago today..... my best friend..." he trailed off. She sat up immediately. "That's today? Shit," she said,Kayde starting to cry "it's ok, Kayde, it's ok." She pulled him into a hug. Kayde curled up, now sobbing. Pyra hugged him tighter, shushing him gently. "She- she's g-gone! And- and I could've- I could've saved her!" Kayde sobbed. Suddenly he pushed Pyra away. "This is your fault! You killed her!" She looked hurt. "Kayde, I- she-" she tried. "Kayde, I only meant to hurt her father. That man was wicked." He sobbed more. She continued," Kayde, I'm sorry. I lost control that night, you know that we had literally just gotten our powers. All I had wanted was to hurt him, and save the girl. Then the powers came and you know what happens when we lose control."  He sighed and looked at her. "I'm sorry," he said, looking down. " I shouldn't have gotten mad." She smiled understandingly. Kayde locked eyes with her. 'Now's my chance' Kayde thought. He gently leaned a little closer. She did the same, almost unoticably.  Little by little they leaned closer, eyes closing during the process. Then, their lips met. It was soft, yet strong. Kayde put his arms around Pyra's waist and gently pulled her closer. She moved closer to him, and ended up straddling his lap. She deepened the kiss. Then kaydes alarm went off again. He pulled away, smiling.

At School

     Karla came over to kaydes locker. "Hey babe," Karla said. He glanced over. Now was time to put his plan into action. "Don't call me that anymore," he said coldly. She was shocked. "What?" She asked. "We're done. I know your cheating on me, and I've spent two months collecting evidence," he said, raising his voice. By now, everyone was staring. He continued," so leave me alone, go run off to your other boy, and I don't want you to talk to me unless it's for class or work. Do you understand?" She looked around, knowing that everyone was seeing this. And people were recording. "Babe I-" she started. "I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" He shouted. She shrunk away and nodded. Then Karla turned and ran away crying. Kayde just turned back to his locker, stone faced.

—————————————————————
Hello again hope you enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to check out the original writer jaiden47   Bye

~love kittyagh❤️