"Ayy what you saying mandem? Missed me?" I shouted. I looked back quickly to see if Isaiah woke up but he was still sleeping.

All of them were just staring at me.

TS- Nah, that's juj.

Scratch- You're so aff man

TS- Nah how can that be him

Me- Its definitely me fam

Lurkz- I swear you died tho

Me- Do I look fucking dead bruv come say hi before I get mad.

She ran over and I stepped out the car. She jumped into my arms and squeezed me tight. All the mandem followed. 

Me- Tiny? You been good while I've been gone?

He looked down.

Lurkz- No he's been troubling his mum.

Me- Really? Get in the car.

He sighed and walked round the passenger seat.

TS- Who's yute is this!?

Me- Mine, get in the back. Don't slam the door either he's sleeping.

Scratch- A yute? What you doing with a yute?

Me- You know Nelli gave birth in December dont be dumb.

TS- See I been telling you.

Lurkz- Bro have you not heard?

Me- heard what?

Lurkz- That's Quel's yute.

Me- Have you seen the kid? About that's Quel's yute.

Everyone kept quiet except for TS who was standing by the car door.

TS- You lot said I was dumb when I said scratch's girlfriend was chatting shit.

Me- Wait. I know I was abit of a prick to her before I "died" but not one of yous checked my baby mum while I was gone?

TS- I did. I bought her nappies and that. Then them lots told me not to go there no more

Scratch- Some snitch bruv shut up

Me- Nah it's good tell me more when I driving you home.

I shook my head and got in the car. I didn't  even wanna see these man right now. I made my way to drop off Tiny Squeeze home.

Me- Why does everyone think that my son is Quel's yute?

TS- Stop calling him a yute, I only said it cos I didn't recognise him last time I saw him he was a baby baby. he barely opened his eyes.

Me- It's a bad habit but where did this Quel thing come from?

TS- From Quel init. He was going round showing people sex tapes of them and that.

Wait what? Watch how niggas are fucked

Me- Nelli was on top of him init, in a blue towel

TS- Yeahh

Me- That was me fam. Quel is fucked he aint ever touched Nelli like that Im sure of it

TS- Yeahh I knew he was fucked when he started chilling with them Portuguese breddas.

Me- Say mums he did that?

TS- Mums they've been bare tight aswell.

I clenched my jaw. My apparent best friend chills with people he knows I don't fuck with. Boys are scummy you know.

I dropped TS home and located my way to Nelli's house. My mum wasn't answering the phone and I didn't know how to get inside. I kept calling her and she still didnt answer. I waited while I thought for abit and just my luck a neighbour was coming out.

"Awww how's the little angel" An older asian lady spoke, referring to Isaiah.

"He's good, would you happen to know what flat his mum lives in?  This is my first time coming here" I explained

She looked at me funny and instantly got defensive. "Who are you?" she questioned she was nearing the carrier like she wanted to snatch Isaiah and run or something.

"Im his dad. Look at him then look at me"

She did exactly that and she looked even more confused.

"Emmanuel?"

I nodded

"Aren't you meant to be dead?" She asked with genuine confusion.

"It's complicated but Im fine now... wait how do you know that?"

"Quinelle talks about you all the time about how much she misses you and how you were a great man when you were with her. Honestly Im glad you're back then she might leave that scum of the earth. Excuse me but I hate him. I think he was over there earlier I heard shouting coming from her flat, door number 12." She smiled and rubbed my shoulder before walking away. I went upstairs and knocked on her door. She swung open the door and she looked angry. She was in a long top, which slightly aroused me because I know she's not wearing anything underneath. ANYWAYS, she had a bag of peas on her face. She was swollen around her eyes this morning but she was holding the ice to her jaw?

"What?"

"Oh sorry do you not want your kid then?" I said turning around but she pulled my arm back. Her face was more swollen than I remember.

"What happened to your face?"

"Its kinda pretty dont you think?" She said while turning away from me. I followed her into her room and she got out some machine. I was bare baffed

Me- Whats that?

Nelli- Oxygen machine, I didn't put him on in the morning so I have to do it now

Me- Yeah but why

Nelli- He's got BPD

Me- He has a personality disorder!? I blame you.

She chuckled

Nelli- Dont make me laugh. He has Bronchopulmonary dysplasia cos he was premature

Me- Oh Oh, Aalizah used to have that. Now she's just asthmatic but it was never that serious.

Nelli- Yeah Isaiah's getting better but I just wanna be sure.

Me- Oh right.

I put him down and she propped him on a pillow. I just watched her do it 1, I need to learn and 2 even though she's swollen she looks leng.

Me- What happened to your face tho?

Nelli- How comes you aren't actually dead?

Me- We'll talk later

Nelli- After I put him to bed me and you are gonna have a long conversation.

I nodded and went outside on the balcony for a smoke.