8 - Hide n' Seek? More Like Hide n' Pass the F-ck Out...

Start from the beginning

I sighed, my brain trying to figure what to do, “I don’t know,” I mumbled, part of me wanting to comply, but the other part simply wanting to stay sitting here, doing absolutely nothing at all.

She glared at me before grabbing my hand and pulling on it with all of her muscle. But I didn’t budge, pulling against her attempt, “Jack!” She groaned, her converse digging into the grass, “Let’s go!”

“Nooo,” I groaned back, my arm stretching from my shoulder, or so it felt.

She grabbed my forearm, still pulling as her body began to slide down and she huffed when her butt hit the grass, her attempt a complete fail. She pouted at me, and I was mildly entertained by her, so I stood and then pulled her up to standing as well.

“Yay!” She squealed, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

I gently pushed her away from me, but that didn’t discourage her from hopping onto my back, kicking me with her heal and commanding me to ‘mush’ forward…

***

“See, don’t you feel better already?” Nadia asked as we strolled down along a pathway in the park, the lake a couple of yards away, with the city lights just over the horizon of trees.

I shrugged, “I suppose.”

“You suppose?” She asked, shaking her head, “That’s a stupid answer.”

“Is not.”

“Is too!” She giggled, bumping into me on purpose and then giggling even more.

“Is that supposed to be funny?” I asked, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

She nodded, watching me as we walked, “Well, duh! It’s playful.”

“It’s annoying.”

“Oh, is it?” She questioned, bumping into me again.

I wish I had eyes in which to roll, “Yes.”

She did it again, and I was nonreactive, “Geez, you’re so stiff. I mean honestly, you always sound like you’re bored. Do you do that on purpose, or is that literally how you talk?”

“I haven’t had this much human interaction in a long time; you must understand that I’ve forgotten how to speak with ‘enthusiasm’.”

“Oh, really?”

I smiled, “Nope. I honestly just can’t stand to enjoy anything you say.”

I stumbled a bit as she rammed her arm into me, “Jerk!”

“I’ve been called worse.”

“I bet!” she laughed again, shaking her head as her pony tail flopped behind it, “You’re so mean.”

“I’m not the one bumping into people in an annoying way.”

She scoffed, “That’s not mean. Now, it would be mean if I just tackled you, but, I won’t do anything like-”

I should’ve suspected by the raise in her pitch that she was going to indeed tackle me, but I suppose I was caught off guard due to the luxurious peacefulness of the scenery here. My body hit the grass, and instead of standing up immediately, like I usually would have, I felt slightly relaxed and therefore, slow on my feet. I’d regret to say lazy. Nadia was on the grass too, her head on my shoulder and an arm cascaded over my chest, her right foot tangled with my left as she laughed even more, actually amused by this.

“What about you attacking me is funny?” I asked, feeling slightly dazed.

She propped herself up on her elbow, “EVERYTHING! I mean, it was fun, right?”