13 - Yes, We're Friends...

IT’S BEEN OVER A MONTH AND I’M JUST NOW UPDATING I KNOW I’M A TERRIBLE PERSON BUT DON’T WORRY I WILL UPDATE MORE OFTEN UFF and dis chapter sucks booty but it'll get intense pretty soon again

-staypunky

***

I rolled over, my sleep having been broken from the shivering my body was undergoing. The room was dark, although weak light from behind the curtains slipped through, leaving streaks of vision around. I turned my head to view the clock, seeing that it was 4:07am, only a little while longer until Nadia would have to arrive at school. We had gotten back to her home quite late and I was certain she hadn’t gotten the necessary 8 hours of sleep. I wondered if she’d be cranky once she was forced into awakening, and I quickly concluded that yes, she would be. Rolling back around, I turned my body to face hers, its form hidden under a mass of blankets. 

“Nadia,” I whispered, wondering if she had been disturbed by my movement. 

But the only sound coming from her body was that of breathing, its thick density letting me know that she was in fact immersed in a deep, unconscious sort of slumber. Attempting to follow behind her example was impossible though, the cold bothering my skin to the point where sleep was far from obtainable. Sighing, I grabbed at the blankets and pulled them up and around myself, gently sliding underneath them. I kept an eye on Nadia, making sure I wasn’t disturbing her as the blankets pulled away from her peaceful face. I sat up slightly, assuring that the covers were still comfortably on her, which they were, before I came back to lying down, my mask to the ceiling. Suddenly, she moved, shuffling herself over to me as she laid her head down on my chest, her top arm slinging itself around my abdomen as her breathing quickly evened out, her mind slipping back into her dream world. I stayed still, surprised by the move, but not wanting to make one of my own that could potentially awaken her. Instead, I took a breath, feeling the light weight of her being on mine, my face crawling with warmth as the feeling from the night before returned. I hadn’t quite made sense of what had happened, in fact, I tried to think of it as little as possible. It was a subject that I had strong opinions about, ones that were against what she had done, but after her lips had connected with mine, it was as though my original beliefs had flung themselves from a building and my heart was free falling into a pit of confusion and nervous energy. I was certain though, that what had happened was a one-time occurrence, and the fact that she was intoxicated and had just seen her ex-love while I was there for comfort caused her to act in impulsive, unorganized ways. And how to rationalize her being this close to me now? Well, she may just feel comfortable around me and have a dying urge to ‘cuddle’. Either way, it wasn’t fate that had led us to kiss; it was just coincidence. 

It felt like only a short moment before the alarm clock on the nightstand had begun buzzing, but actually, it had been a couple of hours. Having vision come to me, I glanced down at the girl on my chest, her body not moving, but her breathing quick enough to confess that she was awake now. 

“Nadia,” I began, sighing from the tiredness in my brain, “I believe it’s time for you to go to school.” 

She groaned, her voice drowsy and littered with negativity, “I don’t wanna.” 

Oh, if only I had eyes to roll, “It doesn’t matter what you want; you have school, and now’s when you must get ready for it.” 

“But it’s boring,” she reasoned, not moving. 

“I’m boring as well.” 

She finally picked up her head, her eyes red with lack of sleep as locks of messy hair dangled in front of her face, “Yeah, but you’re a better type of boring than school is.”